7.04.2014

Independence Day Nails!

Hello there lovely readers! 

Aaaah Friday...you've come...AT LAST. Lord this week has been all kinds of hell I can't even tell you, so I most definitely won't bore you with the details my dears, instead I've decided to get in the USA spirit of things with some Independence Day inspired nails in honour of our American cousins 4th July celebrations!



To create these nails I used a random medley of polishes that I simply grabbed from my stash, hunting for some suitably red, blue and white shades. I started off with the red base using this cute little foreign brand polish called Arezia that my sis-in-law bought back from China which is actually amazing. Smooth, lovely formula, opaque in one coat! Too bad its so teeny!


Next for the white stripes I used the trusty Models Own nail art pen in white, never fails, to draw three vertical lines on each nail bar the ring finger. Then I grabbed a pretty blue Kiss Nail Art paint, which comes with a conveniently thin brush & applied across the top half of the nail.


For an added bit of sparkle I also added some Claire's Blue Glitter polish on top the blue & then applied Julep's America polish on the ring finger which was pretty much perfect for this mani with its lovely combo of red, silver & blue glitters of mixed sizes.


For the final touch I quickly added on a star rhinestone to each nail before sealing it all with a couple of coats of topcoat.


Thanks for reading lovelies & hope all you US beauties have a great weekend of celebrations! Do you have anything special planned?



Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo