7.18.2018

Meebox Nail Subscription Review - Junes Wild Thing Themed Box!

Hello there lovely readers!

If you are a regular peruser of this space of mine on the interwebs (if so then HELLO AGAIN & AYSH LOVE YOU LONG TIME) You may be familiar now with Meebox, the nail subscription box that I am digging muchly, I've already written posts reviewing the February and April months boxes so do go have a mosey of those to get a taste for what Meebox is all about :) 


Well I succumbed again readers & picked up June's Wild Thing themed box. Why did I feel the mighty urge for this particular one? Well not only were there THREE indie polishes included from brands that I have actually been dying to try out (plus I love supporting the indie brands!), Meebox also teemed up with Glisten & Glow & threw in a FULL SIZE bottle of this infamous topcoat which your girl has been wanting to try for YONKS!

So what treats do you have to play with in the Wild Thing box? Well lets see shall we?! Most importantly of course are the pretty polishes!

First up we have Ard As Nails polish Siberian Sunset, which is a thermal therefore a colour changer! Now I'm not sure if the formula of my polish is a bit different but looking at swatches online, the expected colour transition is Orange to Yellow...rather like a sunset naturally. However mine seems to be more of a Peach to Cream? This can happen with thermals though so I'm not hugely bothered as I still love it as well as the additional presence of SPARKLY shimmer in there!

Next we have Drogon by Prism Polish...naturally as soon as I saw the Game of Thrones connection I squealed with delight. Drogon is one of the three polishes Prism Polish created for Daenerys's Dragons & being the GoT obsessive that I am, I immediately went to the website to see if I could snap up the other two! Alas only Viserion was left but I nabbed it you betcha! Hopefully Rhaegal will be re-released...Drogon is a stunning deep plum purple/red jelly shade with shimmering red/gold micro flakies running through, beautiful!

The final indie shade is Forest by Wikkid Polish. I've been following Sarah on Instagram for a while & have been dying to try her polishes so I am super happy to finally do so! Forest is a gorgeous deep rich green with a light green-gold shimmer running through, so pretty!

The extras in this box included two nail art brushes by Edge Nails, one fan & one fine liner (RRP £3.25 each, some tiger stripe nail vinyls by Caution Vinyls (RRP £1.60) & of course the Glisten & Glow topcoat (RRP £7.20) I couldn't wait to get stuck in with some nail art using the pretties from this box. Here are the two looks I threw together...

First up is this sharp arrow style look, not really sure what else to call it haha!

I used two coats of Siberian Sunset as my base, which kept to its paler shade on the nail.

I then used Drogon to add on the angled chevron french tip, this is super easy, just using the polish brush, swipe one side & then the other, joining the two in the centre.

Then using the long thin liner brush from Edge Nails & Forest I applied the arrow design on to the centre of each nail by simply drawing a thin line, with two smaller lines coming out at the bottom.

For that little extra touch I added a golden stud to each arrow before coating it all with the Glisten & Glow topcoat which is...AMAZING. Literally touch dry in seconds. 

As you know Florals are my crack when it comes to nail art...I just can't get enough of them. So I couldn't help creating something floral for my 2nd look...

Instead of applying a base I wanted an "almost" negative space look, so I applied one coat of China Glaze Innocence which is a very sheer nude, for my base.

Next using a dotting tool & Drogon I dotted on some simple flowers of 5 dots, about 3-4 on each nail. Into the centre of these I dotted on some Siberian Sunset.

Then using the thin brush & Forest, I applied some super thin lines connecting all the flowers & on to these vines I added on some small leaves.

Again going in with that glorious Glisten & Glow topcoat to seal & shine & thats it!  I think my Holy Grail topcoat CND Air Dry may have some serious competition!

I hope you liked the two looks I created with this months contents of Meebox!. If you want to try Meebox as well then you can subscribe HERE. FYI they also now ship worldwide! Huzzah! Thanks as always for reading!

Lotsa love to ya!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo