5.06.2013

Getting Lippy - Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipsticks in Shades 08 & 101

Hullo there lovely readers! 

Hope you've all had a wonderful bank holiday weekend of which the end is almost near! *sniffs* Can't complain though, what with a fun filled day picnic-ing & epic Nerf gun battling with friends in Hyde Park, a spot of bargain hunting at a car booty followed by delightful riverside walks in the sunshine & accompanying Mr Whippy ice cream cones its been a pretty fab bank holiday overall...& the best thing is there's another one to look forward to at the end of the month! Huzzah!



I mentioned previously that I'm taking baby steps & slowly introducing lipsticks in to my make-up more often. Yet finding them too much of a hassle I've just let them sit & gather dust. Bad Aysh. However I purchased me some Muji drawers in which to store them all in & now they are sitting there happily in my line of vision just waiting to be picked! The first few I've been playing around with of late are the Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipsticks, a range created for the brand by the famous model & of which I have two to share with you today!





The packaging on these lipsticks is lovely with their sleek matte black tubes & the nice little added touch of Kate's signature on the side of the cap. I picked two shades out of the range the first one here being Shade 08...no names for these babies sadly!



Shade 08 is a lovely brown toned nude, a definite 'my lips but better' colour which was my main reason for picking it! It applied very nicely on top of the coat of lip balm which I religiously apply before going in with lipstick, the formula is so smooth & glides on to the lips beautifully without feeling heavy. The colour pay off is really lovely too, very flattering & wearable!



The second shade I picked is actually from the 'matte' range which has slightly different packaging in the form of red tubes instead of the previous black, yet still holding the signature Kate logo. The colour I went for was Shade 101...



Shade 101 is a dusky pale pink colour, hello barbie girl! The formula on these are of course different what with them being matte, so a tad drying which was expected, but I was very pleasantly surprised with how well I got on with this! After applying a slick of balm this glided on very nicely without dragging, leaving a velvety soft finish.



I apply my lippies very lightly, blending in with the balm for a lighter colour but I can definitely see myself going in with a few more coats of these for added pigmentation & not fretting about about heavy dryness etc. The Kate Moss Lasting Finish lipsticks also have a very pleasant perfume like scent to them which I personally love!



Overall I'm super happy with both shades, if you suffer from very dry lips like moi then I definitely recommend applying lip balm beforehand, especially for the matte shades. But they smell lovely, apply lovely & come at a very lovely price of £5.49 from Boots, Superdug & most Rimmel counters. I've seen some delightful (& terrifying!) looking reds in the range which I may check out next time!



Thanks for reading dolls! Have you tried the Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Range? What did you think?



Lotsa love to ya!





2 comments:

  1. So pretty! Hearing lots of good things about these! Lovely post!

    rachael-victoria.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweety! I'd heard really good things too which is why I needed to go out & get me some for myself to try! ;) Happy to report that they are indeed lovely lippies! :D xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo