12.10.2018

Festive NOTD - Winter Wonderland

Hey there lovely readers!

I'll be honest with you, this year I have been struggling with Christmas nail art inspiration...not sure what the cause is but every design I attempt never goes according to plan resulting in a fail of epic proportions thus causing mini psychotic episodes to ensue...most frustrating & not good for ones mental health 

But I am not one to give up, especially because getting creative & challenging myself when it comes to nail art is what I love the most...masochistic tendencies much? :) Every year I like to do some type of Christmas Trees design so this year is no exception. This time I've gone for a more natural vibe with a Winter Wonderland forest setting...


I really wanted to give this a go after seeing so many designs dotted around on Pinterest, Instagram & the like. It was easier than I anticipated & the fact that I finally had a festive nail art look that I didn't entirely hate was an added bonus!

I started with a lovely pale grey base for my background, this is one coat of Insta Glam from their Insta Girl collection a while back.

To add a bit of extra-ness to the pale grey, I applied one coat of Miss Beauty Gold Speckle Top Coat from Poundland which...I've just noticed isn't exactly visible in the pics but I promise you the sparkle is there! O_o

Now to set my scene, I first grabbed some white nail polish, and using the brush from the bottle, just swiped across the tips, rather like a french manicure but the fab thing about this is it doesn't have to be neat! In fact it shouldn't as its resembling our snow piled ground!

Next I armed myself with my trusty SoNailicious Needle brush & started crafting my pine trees. I added two to each nail & used Models Own Ebony Green Hypergel to draw the shape. The basic way to drew a pine/Xmas tree is to start with a small bottomless triangle for the top then adding a larger one underneath, continuing until you reach the bottom. You then fill these triangles with thin lines to create the pines.

To add definition to my pine trees I went in with a lighter green, this is Sally Hansen's Moheato. Again using the fine nail art brush I added in some strokes of light green in between my dark green.

Going back in with the white polish, I used my fine nail art brush to add layers of piled snow on my trees.

Then for the festive/Christmas touch, I added on a few red baubles to my trees using a dotting tool & Essence Me & My Lover for my polish. I had to do a double take when I read the name of this one...Saucy!

Wait a few moments before top-coating your Winter Wonderland scene as you don't want to risk smudging thus ruining all your hard work! Hope you liked this festive look dear ones! You can check all my Christmas nail art looks HERE. Thanks as always for reading!

Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo