9.18.2018

NOTD - Easy Sci Fi Nails using Nail Wraps!

Hey there lovely readers!

Whilst having a sort through my nail art stash recently, I came across a bunch of old nail wraps which I'd accumulated quite some time ago, if the dust gathering on them was anything to go by! O_o


Being the polish fiend I am, its not often I reach for nail wraps however there's no denying that they are an absolute godsend for when you want a quick manicure fix but are rushed for time. Simply apply & go! However today I wanted to show you a different way in which you can use wraps. 

My eyes were drawn to these pretty metallic red wraps in particular & I wasn't in the mood to apply the wraps to the entire nail so instead...? I cut them up to create this intergalactic sci fi vibe look & I honestly dig it! I think I'll be using the majority of my wraps this way moving forwards!

This look is so easy to do which makes it even better in my opinion, anyone can do it! And you can totally play around with different shapes & sizes to create a multitude of interesting looks.

Starting with my base shade, this was very simply done with two coats of Seche Vite Blanc II, your bog standard nude creme really! Wait for this to dry before applying your wraps pieces.

Now to grab your scissors & the nail art wraps & get to cutting! Like I said you can totally play around with different shapes, however this time I went for mostly square & rectangle shaped pieces of various sizes & widths. 

Once I had enough pieces I went to applying the wrap pieces to each nail, doing each nail a little differently. These wraps in particular had sticky backs so applying was super easy as they stuck straight on to the nail

Once happy with your design & application, apply a thick coat of topcoat to seal the wraps down more & prevent any lifting on the edges & thats it! A super cool design in minimum time!

I hope you liked this look too beauts & its given you another idea on how to use up any nail wraps you may have lying around! Until next time!

Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo