2.24.2018

NOTD - Coffee Time!

Hello there lovely readers!

My fellow coffee addicts, where you at? Pour yourself a steaming mug of java & why not adorn your nails with some caffeine while you're at it?

I'm a bit of an odd one (though I'm sure this comes as no surprise to anyone) in that I actually cannot stand anything coffee flavoured...coffee cake, coffee chocolates, coffee ice cream etc, however I AM one of those beings who cannot fully function & mingle with the humans until a cup of java is downed & a suitable level of caffeine has been absorbed within the bloodstream.


After playing around muchly & officially becoming a bona fide stamping addict now (haha who am I kidding, I still have a hella lot of improvement to go!) instead of using one of the pretty & intricate floral plates, which I'd been most eager to try first, I thought I'd give one of the more "fun" & "quirky" plates a try...enter at this point the Born Pretty Store BP-91 Coffee Time Plate (item number #33724)

This plate has a plethora of fun Coffee themed images to adorn every coffee lovers nails with including coffee beans, steaming teacups, an array of sweet treats & a smiling Starbucks-y cup type dude tipping his lid off to you as well!

For my base I wanted a lovely latte coffee cream nude to compliment the design & really make it stand out so applied two coats of this Cynthia Rowley polish which is sadly nameless but simply gorgeous! I picked this up on one of my TK Maxx hauls.

Next for the stamping! Now I don't actually own a pigmented brown polish sadly, so instead I used Models Own Hypergel in the shade Raven Red which is an almost black red shade which I thought would make a good alternative & it did not disappoint! I've slowly been experimenting which polishes work well with stamping & which don't. The Hypergel polishes are not only pigmented but don't dry too quickly so have worked a treat! 

Even though I have a long way to go I'm still loving the results! Such a fun quirky mani that also delivers subtly on the caffeine fix ;) Thanks for reading as always!

Lotsa love to ya!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo