10.28.2013

Halloween Nails - Pumpkins & Ghouls!

Hello lovely readers!

Hope you've all had a good weekend & that everyone in the UK is keeping safe & well in spite of this storm that's gracing us with its most unwelcome presence! I opened the curtains this morn to a surprisingly calm breeze & sunshine & thought that thankfully my town, aka the place where absolutely nothing happens...EVER , had escaped the brunt of the storm only to look across to the road opposite to find the way blocked by rather large tree...not quite escaped then! Wherever you are though stay safe.


I thought I'd squeeze in one last Halloween mani as I really love doing them! After pondering on what manner of scariness to put on thy nails this time I ended up going for some evil pumpkins & ghoulish ghosts! Mwaha! *cough*

For the base I used two coats of Eyeko's Vampira polish which is pretty much perfect for the Halloween theme non? Do you remember these cute Eyeko polishes? Sadly they are no longer available since Eyeko had their brand re-vamp but I'm sure they can be hunted down on ebay & such! Vampira is a gorgeously gothic black filled with vampy red glitters.


The rather jolly looking ghouls there who look as if they are party to some secret joke were done by using some simple white polish & free handing the rounded shape before dotting on the mouth & curved eyes.


For the pumpkins I used a rather lovely orange glass fleck Color Club polish I picked up in a set from TK Maxx, its so sparkly beautiful I cant wait to try it just by its onesie. Here I've freehanded the pumpkin-like shape before adding more detail with a stronger orange Collection Hip Hop & using a sparkly brown Wet n Wild polish for the...stick bit on the top? My minds gone completely blank on what that's called! o_O


To make my pumpkins a wee bit more Halloween-sque & suitably evil looking & I added two tear-drop shaped nail art stones for the eyes before using a nail art brush & black polish to freehand a creepy grin on the tips.


A thick coat of topcoat to seal & another Halloween mani done! :) Hope you liked lovelies! Thanks for reading!



Lotsa love to ya!


4 comments:

  1. I love these! Gutted that the polish isn't available anymore, the colours are lovely and very halloween-esque

    Loren x

    loreninwonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I know! I personally loved the old look Eyeko! Oh well :( though I'm sure there is a dupe out there of it somewhere! :) xoxo

      Delete
  2. The orange nail polish looks gorgeous. I need to get something like it.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is so pretty & I can't to try it out alone! I love glass fleck polishes & this is just divine :) xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo