9.20.2013

NOTD - Super Mario Bros Mushroom Nails!

Hello there lovely readers!

Today thy nails have helped keep moi in a happy frame of mind for surely as they immediately transported me back to my childhood & one of my favourite parts of it that featured quite often...Super Mario Bros! 


Who didn't love those two little moustached Italian plumbers? I look back with great fondness the many hours of fun filled adventure game time travelling through Mushroom Kingdom on the quest to rescue Princess Toadstool *sigh* So today I've some Super Mario Bros inspired nails featuring those magic gems that give ol' Mario power ...Mushrooms! :D

Whatchya think? To create little Mushroom nails all you need is a red, green & white polish as well as a black nail art pen for the eyes, simples!


For the red mushrooms I used Nails Inc St James, which is just so gorgeously vibrant & bright, not to mention completely opaque in just one coat, such a lovely red shade.

For my one green 1-Up Mushroom accent nail I used two coats of Barry M Spring Green, an old favourite of mine, this colour never fails to cheer me & is another lovely vibrant bright shade.


For the white face & polka dots I used NYC Pinstripe White which may be my most favourite white polish ever! I've been after a perfect white for yonks & NYC's offering is fab with a great formula & an even better price at just £2.49! *happy dance* Using the brush with the polish I just freehanded the face on the tips & dotted on the three dots above it.


Finishing off with drawing on the eyes using my Models Own Black nail art pen & a thick coat of top coat for a glossy finish & Super Mario Mushroom Mani is finito! :)



Hope you liked the mani dolls! Thanks for stopping by!



Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo