8.03.2013

NOTD - Golden Sherbet

Hello there lovely readers!

I forgot to mention on here but if you follow me on twitter you'll know that today saw this ol' blogger donning a teachers cap & teaching my first (& probably only!) nail art class. Eeep! Twas very nervous about it let me tell you, I mean I was truly flattered to even be asked in the first place, most of the time when it comes to nail art, I just have a play around & hope for the best! But after the initial nerves had passed we just got in to the fun of it all & had a lovely time! Its definitely something I'd love to do again for sure :D


A little memo that totally passed me by is that its actually International Nail Art Day today! Did you know this? Me neither! So of course I couldn't help throwing together a quick mani using one of my favourite forms of nail art...DOTS! And even though this is one of the more simpler mani's I've ever done I actually think its one of my favorites as I'm super happy with how it came out!




For the base I used two coats of Nails Inc Peach Sorbet, an absolutely delicious peachy crème that was one of the fab magazine freebies. I almost didn't get this one but boy am I glad I did as not only is the colour lovely but the formula & application is great!


For the middle finger or *Shirley Bassey voice* The Goldfingeeeeer! (sorry) I applied one coat of Models Own 25 Carat Gold followed with a coat of Color Club Gold Glitter.


For the other nails I applied a pretty golden yellow rhinestone from my nail art wheels before adding two extra golden glitter dots above it using a dotting tool, again using both the 25 Carat Gold & Color Club Gold Glitter.


Finishing off with a coat of topcoat to seal those stones in place & shine & that's it! Sometimes simple mani's are definitely the best & I love the results!



Thanks for reading as always dolls! Have you art-ed up your nails for International Nail Art Day? Would love to see!

Lotsa love to ya!

8 comments:

  1. This is so lovely and romantic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfection! I have this InStyle shade, it's gorgeous! :) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling Jo! It's such a beautiful creamy shade isn't it? So glad I picked it up! :) xoxo

      Delete
  3. Loving this design Aysh, it's absolutely gorgeous! I'm liking the colour combo you have used here. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh thank you so much Saf! I think it's def one of my most favourite designs :) and ya know I love me a bit o' sparkle! :D xoxo

      Delete
  4. I love it - it looks as though you have dripped honey across your hands!

    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, your comments made me get a super craving for some honey now! Bwaha! Aww thanks my darlin :) xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo