3.16.2016

NOTD - St Patricks Day Shamrock Nails & Tutorial

Hello my lovely readers!

Grabbed a cheeky midweek reprieve from work today & what better way to spend it than a trip to Hogwarts! The matey & I paid visit to the Harry Potter studios & had a magical time going in to full on geek mode, prowling through Diagon Alley, popping by Number 4 Privet Drive & sampling Butterbeer. Which was actually a bit of a let down! I was expecting liquid Werthers or something but it definitely wasn't to my taste haha! I'll be Instagramming some memories from the day so do pop by! @Aysh_xox

As promised I've thrown together another St Patricks Day mani for you, this time with some Shamrocks! You can check out my previous post HERE in which I've shown you how to create some Gothic Celtic Love Knot nail art in honour of the Irish holiday also :)


However if that design feels a bit too complicated then these sweet & simple Shamrocks are much more easier to do!

Whereas with the Celtic Knot I went down the dark gothic vampy route, with a deep Ebony Green & Antique Copper, which you know I LOVE, this time I felt some refreshing pastel & bright tones were called for. 


For my base shade I've used two coats of Models Own Apple Pie from their scented range, a beautiful creamy mint, so bright, cheerful & yes indeedy...delightfully apple scented! Yum!

Then for my Shamrocks I reached for an old favourite of mine Barry M Spring Green, a bright & almost fluorescent green that really pops!


Using a dotting tool I managed to fit on about three shamrocks on my index & middle fingers around the border & one large one on my pinkie. To create your shamrock just follow these simple steps...


Using a dotting tool or toothpick place two dots of green polish side by side


Then using the same tool, bring the two dots together at the bottom joining together to create a heart shape


Do two more of these underneath, this time making these two leaves face each other


Apply your stem using a nail art brush


Finish with a thin line of white polish on top of the leaves in the centres for added detail.


To fill up the nail a bit more I simply added a few strokes of green around the border creating some additional fauna using a fine nail art brush.

On my thumb & ring fingers I decided to use some heart shaped green rhinestones instead of polish to create some 3D  four leaf clovers for luck :)


Finish it all with topcoat & you have your Shamrock nails ready for St Paddys day! Thanks as always for reading & I hope you have a lovely one if celebrating!

Lotsa love to ya!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo