10.22.2018

NOTD - Witchy Geo Symbol Nails!

Hello there lovely readers!

Going a bit mythical if you like with today's nail art look, what do you think?


This Geometric Symbol design was inspired by the super talented Nail Art By Frida, as soon as I saw this tutorial of hers I knew I had to recreate it! The combination of black with that shimmery opalescent base had me swooning. I did this look before I left for NYC &  I felt it had a witchy vibe to it, perfect for this spooky time of year!

It also gave me a chance to play around with some pretty chrome powder again as well as practising my freehand lines, which...as you can see... still needs a lot of work! But hey, practice makes perfect & hopefully I'll soon achieve lines sharper than Arya Starks sword.


Lets start with that base first, to achieve this pretty opal like shade I applied one coat of True Brit London Victoria, a beige nude cream.

Then using two more True Brit London shades, British Blue, a baby blue creme and Coat of Arms, a pretty fuschia pink, I used the "dry brush" technique, to swipe on both shades on to the nude base. This technique in a nutshell is basically wiping the polish brush almost completely of polish on the edge of the polish bottle when lifting the brush out, before swiping the remaining color left on the brush on to the nail.

Next for the ethereal glow, grabbing my little pot of magic Chameleon Powder from Born Pretty Store, which I've reviewed in detail HERE, using my finger I proceeded to swipe this magical powder over my base colours, which should be at the "almost dry" stage, to transform it into this magical base!

Now that I had my pretty opal base, I then grabbed a fine nail art brush & some black polish & went to creating the symbols on each of the nails. 

As you can see this consisted of drawing on some straight lines, circles & bordered edges.

Like I said...I still need a hell of a lot of practice but overall....I'm pretty chuffed with the results! Finish it all with a coat of topcoat, waiting a bit beforehand to avoid smudging the black & all your hard work!

I felt ready to cast me some spells with design for sure! I hope you like them! If you're looking for some fun Halloween nail art inspo then do check out some of my looks HERE. Thanks as always for reading!

Lotsa love to ya!j


2 comments:

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo