10.29.2018

NOTD - Pumpkin Patch!

Hey there lovely readers!

I wasn't initially going to blog this nail art as I classed it as a bit of a mani FAIL really but I still thought it cute & heck if I didn't just wanna squeeze in as many Autumn manis as possible!

When I was in NYC *sobs* I stumbled across some of the loveliest  Autumnal displays overflowing with pumpkins & pretty fauna in shop windows, quaint neighbourhoods, outside  homes...not that I loitered like a weirdo at all... O_o Before I left for my trip I threw together this Pumpkin Patch look which NONE of my work colleagues guessed it was meant to be thus shattering my hopes in to a thousand pieces but hey ho...




What do YOU think? Perhaps my colour choices could've been better but I still think they kinda come across non? *hopeful face*

As with most designs, I started with a nude base, this here is two coats of Sally Hansen Arm Candy.

Next for my pumpkins, which I decided to place by my cuticle end rather than the tips, I used Face of Australia Carnivale polish in Mango Slurpee, a delightfully bright orange to draw on a basic heart like shape.

Then to make said heart shapes actually LOOK like pumpkins, I used this burgundy shade from Poundlands makeup brand Miss Beauty called Grape & using a fine brush, drew on the curvatures

For the stems of my pumpkins I used another Miss Beauty shade, this time Tiffany, a pale mint green

Now for some fauna! I used this old Golden Rose polish I've used many times for greenery, I just love the vibrant shade so much! Again using a fine brush I added on the curling vines either side.

Then for the tips I felt a touch of floral was needed, so using The Body Shops Sunny Affair, a beautiful bright yellow, I added on a simple flower on the tips with a red dot in the centre.

Finish with topcoat as always & there we have it. My very OBVIOUS pumpkin portrayal thank you very much ;)

Thanks as always for reading! Until next time!

Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo