10.02.2018

NOTD - Autumn Trees!

Hey there lovely readers!

I don't know about you guys but I am SO ready for the change of season already! Yes sunshine & Summer you've been delightful, but I'm all for the blankets, candles & hot cocoa life now...I am an Autumn baby after all!

Naturally I can't help myself when it comes to transcending said seasonal vibes on to my nails & gods knows I adore the colours associated with this time of year, hurrah for Fall Nails! And for me nothing screams Autumn more than the beautiful transformation of tones to our fauna with all the reds, golds & browns.


I picked up these delicately pretty dry flowers in a burnt red colour from Charlies Nail Art Store yonks ago & have been waiting for the perfect opportunity to use them...well I'd say that time has come! When I had another peek I couldn't actually find them on the website anymore but you can easily find dried flowers like this on eBay!

I started things off with a nude base to provide a blank canvas, this here is two coats of one of my favs, China Glaze Innocence.

Next for a touch of warmth & glow I grabbed a piece of sponge & dabbed on some Revlon Beachy to the tips. This was from their scented range & is a beautiful golden chrome shimmer.

Then grabbing my fine nail art brush & Revlon Chocolate, another polish from their scented range, & proceeded to free hand on to the nails some trees with branches, making each tree a little different on each nail.

Now for the fauna touch! Instead of using large pieces of the dried flower decoration, I found that they came apart quite easily so I was able to add on small bunches of leaves on to the branches. As my base had more or less dried, I just used a bit of clear nail polish to make them tacky again & the dried flowers stuck easily.

Finish with a slick of topcoat to seal those "leaves" down securely & you have some nails ready for fall! Now excuse me whilst I go light up that Pumpkin Spice Candle....

I'm off on my holibobs next week (NYC BABY!) so I'm not certain how much time I'll have to get creative for Halloween this year but as its my favourite time you can bet I'll try my darnedest! So stay tuned for some spookiness! Thanks as always for reading my lovelies!

Lotsa love to ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo