10.19.2018

Halloween Dripping Blood Scream Nails!

Hey there lovely readers!

Holy moly its been a minute! I had hoped to get in the spirit of Halloween with my nail art but time it would seem has run away with me! I've just returned from a much needed & most amazing break in New York City, my most favourite place on earth! With that, work & also the fact that I had me some beautiful gel nails did whilst out there means any new nail art looks will be put on hold for a month or so...thankfully I have a backlog of looks & also managed to throw together one spooky look before I left so woohoo!

I always like to do some form of dripping blood nails every year so keeping in with tradition that's what I've done but this time with a spooky twist!

Those who know me well KNOW that I simply do not DO scary films...hell to the no. After a particular traumatizing experience as a young un where my babysitting cousins put me in front the Exorcist claiming it to be a Disney movie...lets just say it left a scar O_o

The one movie that friends of mine have managed to keep me sat the whole way through however is Scream...& even that teen slasher movie was an ordeal. But as you can see...it was the inspo for this look so it wasn't all for nowt I guess haha!

For my Scream Slasher face nail I painted the whole nail in A England Lancelot, which may appear black but is in fact a super dark red! I love this gothic shade so thought it perfect! I then used white polish & my nail art brush to freehand the face before going in with Lancelot again to draw on the eyes, nose & screaming gaping mouth.

For my dripping blood nails, I went for a pale pink nude base using Nails Inc Elizabeth Street which I then decided to mattify as I was feeling that vibe for this look so I went over the Scream Slasher nails as well with matte topcoat

For my blood I used a golden oldie, Nails Inc Chester Square, the perfect burgundy blood shade! Using a dotting tool I added my drips starting from the middle of the nail then dragging upwards before adding more with a nail art brush to puddle around the cuticles.

To make the blood stand out &  a bit more realistic looking I went over the drips only with clear topcoat for that sheen.

Hope you liked my spooky nails for Halloween this year! You can catch all of my previous looks HERE for more spooky inspo! Thanks for reading!



Lotsa love to ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo