9.26.2018

NOTD - Quick & Easy Shattered Glass Nails!

Hey there lovely readers!

In this busy day & age sometimes a quick mani fix is required when it comes to the nails, but that still doesn't mean you have to restrict yourself with nail art! 

I'm ALL for finding quick & easy nail art hacks to achieve pretty nails that look like they took a lot longer than the 5 minutes they actually did for those occasions when I am running short of time. This is where nail art stickers are an absolute GODSEND.


I picked up these super pretty shard like holographic nail stickers in my last Born Pretty Store haul that have the most stunning rainbow holo sparkle with gold edging which I immediately thought resembled shards of glass don't you think?

I couldn't wait to give them a go but instead of decorating all the nails with them, I went for a couple of accents instead.

I debated which colour manicure to wear underneath, I initially thought a creme base would work as a nice contrast but after sifting through I decided to kind keep with the same theme & used one of the Models Own Holochrome polishes in the shade Polychromatic.

A beautiful blue to turquoise metallic duo-chrome shifter this was two coats applied, the formula is lovely & pigmented, more metallic than chrome so it was easy to achieve an opaque & smooth finish with zero visible brush strokes. 

I waited until the polish was dry before I added the Holo Stickers, these were very easy to use, as they are quite sturdy, they lifted easily from the backing sheet using a pair of tweezers. I've often found some nail art stickers to be extremely delicate & easily torn!

The stickers stuck to the nail well, as my nail bed is curved, I usually do experience problems when using stickers such as this, but after applying these down I went over with 2-3 coats of topcoat & this prevented the edges from folding up.

On my other nails I went for some gold sparkly glitter in the form of two coats of Ulta3 From The Mine. You can't actually notice, but I thought I'd see if the Models Own polish was any good for nail art stamping so decided to give it a go on the gold nails...the answer is NO IT IS NOT. Perhaps not the best colour match as...well...you can't actually see the design O_o But hey ho I'll keep on experimenting! I think it would show amazingly on black...

So if you love nail art but want zero hassle then I highly recommend you grab yourself some nail art stickers! With SO many pretties to choose from you really are spoilt for choice & you can even get 10% off your order using my code TRUW10. Thanks for reading!

Lotsa love to ya!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo