4.30.2018

NOTD - Floral Bouquets

Hey there lovely readers!

I'm sure you know by now my absolute LOVE for all things floral, especially on my nails of course! Florals for Spring are a necessity however I'm happy to rock blooms all year round. This is probably the most detailed design I have ever done, yet I do love a challenge & I am so so happy with how it came out! 


I follow a large number of incredibly talented nail artists on Instagram who continue to blow my mind with their skills & are my go to for inspiration these days.

I am currently addicted to perusing (who am I kidding, stalking may be more apt) the superbly talented Courtney's aka Courtdoespolish insta feed when the need for inspo hits & her designs are simply beautiful! This one of hers in particular caught my eye & I was itching to recreate it, I only hope I've done it justice!

Sorry but I went a bit snap happy with these as I loved them so much, I wore this mani for as long as possible, even top-coating it a second time later in the week to prolong the wear, something that I hardly EVER do. I'm now seeking all the floral art designs I can find to try and recreate in nail art form.

As you can imagine a number of different polish shades was used to create this bouquet on my nails. It was literally a case of sifting through my drawers & finding the most suitable shades & then going to town with each of them one at a time with my fine nail art brush.

Of course every design needs a base & for this I used one of my absolute favourites, Loreal Dimanche Apres-Midi...yes quite a mouthful huh? The most pretty pink toned nude creme, this made the perfect canvas for my floral design. I NEED more Loreal polishes in my life as not only is the formula an absolute delight, but they are delicately scented as well didn't ya know?!  

Once my base was ready I did one nail at a time & started the design with the centre bloom by simply adding a splodge of pink, this is Cinder Rose from Natural Collection, a super affordable brand in Boots that has polishes for as little as £1.99!

On top of my splodge I just added a few swirls of a darker pink for the petals before adding a dot of black in the centre.

From there I slowly added the extra details, making each nail slightly different in the positioning of the bouquet.

I used a deep forest green from Golden Rose for the darker fauna leaf touches

Next came a little bit of red for the lotus like bloom before adding a dot of yellow to the centre

Then a lighter green for the for the branch stalks

And finally a pretty lilac to dot on the flower buds

Finish it all with a nice thick coat of topcoat to shine, waiting about 5-10 minutes before applying as I probably would have had a nervous breakdown if I'd smudged it all...

Hope you liked these as well! Expect lots more florals to come! Thank you so much for reading!

Lotsa love to ya!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo