4.23.2018

NOTD - Earth Day Nails

Hello there my lovely readers!

Aaaah I am SO happy with how this finished design came out, so much so that it actually may be my most favourite nail art look of the month! Hurrah for nail art wins. I've had so many fails of late I was beginning to despair...


As you may or may not know, this month, the 22nd April to be exact, Earth Day graced our calendars in aid to raise awareness to help end plastic pollution. A very necessary need! It also happens to be one of the themes for my nail art challenge this month so naturally I was eager to throw something together for the cause...

I knew I wanted to incorporate some sci fi space vibes as well, so I opted to create my Earth as it would be viewed from a galaxy far far away...or a satellite orbiting the Earths atmosphere anyhoo :)

It also gave me the perfect opportunity to use this stunning polish from Illamasqua, Creator, which is a beautiful black with teeny silver macro-glitters suspended within, making it the perfect polish to replicate the never ending outer space! I applied two coats of Creator to every nail bar my pinkie.

Next for my planet Earth touch. As you can see I opted for a reverse way french mani kinda vibe & created the top spherical curve of the planet on to the tips only except for my pinkie finger which I've covered completely.

Using Revlon Surf Spray, perfect for my ocean blue, I applied the circular shape to the tips for my Earths & applied two coats to my pinky.

Then for the lush green land, I first applied some random country like shaped splodges of green colour on to my blue ocean using a random green polish I had lying around, but then on top of these I applied the bloomin gorgeous Destiny, another pretty from Illamasqua & the most beautiful deep forest green glitter that really made my Earths POW WOW.

To define my Earth planets just that bit more against the black I outlined the edge of each sphere in white polish.

For a bit of added detail to my outer space I also added on an extra few stars using a nail art brush & more white polish.

Finish it all with a nice thick coat of topcoat & you are done. I hope you like these as much as I do lovelies! Thanks as always for reading!

Lotsa love to ya!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo