12.14.2015

Festive Nails - Sparkly Holly & Gold Tips!

Hello lovely readers!

Continuing on with the festive manicures I thought I'd simplify things a tad (after the stress of the previous manicure can you blame me?!) Plus I wanted to show that you don't necessarily have to go all out glitter seizure for Xmas, even though that's always nice. If you prefer something a bit more low key yet still super festive then why not go for these gold french tips with sparkly holly? 


And they couldn't be easier to do :) Start with a bare base, whenever I do french tips I always skip base coat/polish as I'll be using stick on mani guides, plus I'm just super lazy & not patient enough waiting for it to dry! Bad Aysh. But of course if you can apply a protective base coat or pale nude colour then definitely do so!


As mentioned I use french manicure guides to do the tips, which I pick up super cheaply off ebay or you can also use hole punch reinforcers as they work just as well! After sticking the guides in place apply your gold polish of choice across the tips. Here I've used the divine True Brit London Heirloom, a truly lovely royal rose tinted gold.


Then slowly peel away & remove the guides whilst the polish is still wet, this is important as you can risk dragging the polish off completely if left to dry. Don't worry if the smile line on your french tips is still a bit wonky, simply use a wee angled brush dipped in some acetone to clean up any messy areas for a nice clean curve. 


Next for our holly nail art, I used my Pure Color 10 nail art brush to freehand the leaves first using Models Own Green Tea. Instead of keeping it the same I decided to place my holly in different areas on each nail. Drawing the leaves is quite straightforward, almost like drawing small Xmas trees, I start with drawing a straight line before adding zig zag pointed edges either side & filling in.


Of course at this point I simply had to go in with SOME glitter, here I've used Nails Inc Piccadilly Arcade, a gorgeous emerald green sparkler that I just dabbed on top of the leaves to really bring the green to life. For the berries just use a random red polish & a dotting tool & place three red dots by your leaves, feel free to add a bit of red glitter on top if you want more sparkle!


For a final touch I applied a thin coat of Nails Inc Glamour Glitter over the whole nail, a very pretty pale gold macro glitter topper, its delicate sparkle jazzes up the manicure nicely.


Finish with topcoat for that glossy finish & you're done! Hope you liked this slightly more subtle yet no less festive manicure lovelies! Thanks for reading!

Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo