1.01.2018

NOTD - Happy New Year!

Hello there lovely readers!

Pinch, punch & all that Happy New Year jazz to you dear ones! 2018 is finally here & I'm super excited to see what it has in store. 2017 wasn't all that great if I'm honest, don't get me wrong there were many high points for which I am very thankful for, including finally visiting Thailand & Dubai, two places that have been on my list for a long time. But there were also a few lows too, losing my little sidekick Hoshi was a huge blow & whom I miss everyday but of course as you know we do have another dear little furbaby within our family circle in the form of Lunar who is such a character! I'm starting a new job this week which I'm very much looking forward to & I also want to travel more this year too! So bring it on 2018...I'm ready for you

Anyhoos lets get down to business, I couldn't very well see in the new year without some form of action on my nails now could I? 


Opting for a combo of nail art & funky decorations this is what my new years mani for this year turned out like, with a tick tock timepiece accent nail. This mani also gave me the opportunity to try these amazing mixed sized circular sequins from Born Pretty Store, aren't they fabulous? And such a fun & easy way to jazz up a mani!

For my main base colour I used this beautiful foreign polish brand Adopt Le Vernis in the colour Purple Addict which I must've picked up on one of my adventures abroad. Such a stunning deep blue toned purple it has the most stunning almost duochrome effect. I applied two coats to each nail bar the accent which gives a slightly lighter purple tone with just one coat, still pretty!

Whilst the second coat of Purple Addict was still wet, I added on the round sequins, using just a wet toothpick to pick & place. Picking a few of the different sizes & colours,starting larger, then going smaller, I placed these near the cuticle end of the nail.

I was worried that the sequins would stick out from the nail, as I have very rounded nail beds, using nail decorations like this can often be problematic, but applying a nice thick coat of topcoat on top solved that little problemo nicely & I had no issues with these catching on to clothes & other such annoying things so huzzah! :D

And as you can see I added on a timepiece for my accent nail using Essence Outta Space Is The Place which is a super pretty pearlescent milky pink white, making a nice change to your bog standard white. Apply a quarter moon to the tip of the nail, before using a fine nail art brush & some black polish to add on the clock numbers, 10,11 & 12 in roman numeral form as well as the clock handles, the long hand pointing to XI & the short hand pointing to XII.

For a bit of extra bling I also added on some pretty blue stones along the edge of my timepiece before finishing with a final layer of topcoat!

Happy New Years lovelies! The rounded sequins (product code #37147) are available from Born Pretty Store in an abundance of different colour tones & at just 99p a pot at the moment I think I may have to just grab them all when I do my next nail art haul! Thanks for reading!

Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo