3.28.2017

NOTD - Pointed Angles & Polka Dots!

Hello there lovely readers!

Today's nail art was one of my "extreme acts of randomness....just go in with a few magic spells and hope for the best" type designs & features a simple geometric style with pointed triangles & a few polka dots thrown in for luck. I find the combination of sharp pointy edges mingled with with soft round circles strangely satisfying 


I decided to just freehand my triangles on this design, however if you wish to get sharper edges & points then you can also use strips of nail art tape as guides but as usual I was just too impatient & went in with my trusty nail art brush & a few prayers!


I started with a lovely nude base, this is two coats of Humidi-Tea by OPI. As much as I do feel OPI is a tad overrated when it comes to price & formula, I can't help but love them just for their utterly fabulous polish names! Humidi-Tea is a lovely pink toned nude with a delicate shimmer.


For my geometric angles I dug out this lovely deep dark purple shimmer called Naomi by Aussie brand Bloom which my lovely pal Chelle sent to me in a care package. Dipping my fine brush into the polish I free handed 4 triangle shapes, all center facing, one in each corner of the nail. 


Then for the sparkle factor, I applied some dots in amongst my sharp angles using Models Own Velvet Goth polish in Sardonyx which is one of my favourite red sparkles, so gothic & gorgeous!


Finish with topcoat & you're done! Whenever stuck for nail art ideas I always love to play around with different styles, patterns & just hope for the best. Random is my middle name. Thanks for reading, until next time!

Lotsa love to ya!




2 comments:

  1. Haha, all my manis are a just go with it kinda creation. I love that when I start I generally have no idea where it'll end. This is very pretty and I think the colours go so well together!
    Vicky xx
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I always get so nervous as I never know if it'll be a disaster! There's nothing more frustrating than a mani fail haha! Thanks so much lovely xox

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo