2.09.2016

NOTD -Valentines Inspired Heartbeat Nails!

Hello there lovely readers!

So Valentines is around the corner aka the perfect excuse to reach for those pretty pinks & reds in particular to help romance up those nails which I can never resist doing as I always love an excuse to play around with nail art :) You can see some of the Valentines themed mani's I've done in the past HERE if you're looking or a wee bit of inspo. Today I have for you some skip a beat, Heartbeat Nails!


A bit different eh? I wanted my heartbeat design to stand out so opted for a nude coloured base but you can of course totally have a play around with whichever colours you like!


To start off I applied two coats of this Seche Vite Blanc II, a soft creamy beige, not the most mind blowing in quality or colour, simply the first nude polish that was within reach at the time haha! The first coat was a tad streaky, but managed to smooth out in the second coat.


I then decided to add a coat of Ulta3 Crystallina to just jazz it up a tad. I love adding this pretty ethereal holo white on top of ordinary shades to give them a pretty iridescent pixie like glow!


Next for my heartbeat line I decided to first draw the design using the nib end of my WAH London nail art pen in a hot pink shade as this allows you to draw much finer lines than what could be achieved with a brush.


To do the design just apply the polish across the middle of each nail with your nib, starting with a straight(ish!) line, adding some up & down zig zags along the way, not forgetting to do the heart shaped beat on the middle nail.


I wasn't satisfied with the level of pink so I decided to then go over the lines with this lovely KIKO hot pink glass fleck shade 277 with a fine brush, which gave the design a satisfying shimmer :)


Finish with a coat of topcoat and you're done!


I hope you liked these Valentines themed nails! Thanks as always for reading dolls!

Lotsa love to ya!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo