11.16.2018

NOTD - Keeping Sharpie!

Hello there lovely readers!

One of my favourite places to go looking for a bit of nail inspiration is Instagram. I follow large number of extremely talented beauties who create magic on their nails & one such lady is the lovely Kate aka @altergo_nails, who creates the most fabulous nail art!

I'm always on the lookout for fun new ways to create nail art & as I've now entered the wonderful world of stamping it glaringly obvious I've only touched the surface.

Kate recently shared a stamping design in which she used Sharpie pens to create a stunning rainbow watercolor like effect, say what?! Needless to say I was intrigued & after watching her fab tutorial I hotfooted it down to my nearest stationary shop to pick me up some Sharpies!


Now I actually never made it to the stationary shop because y'all KNOW I am a bona fide bargain hunter & when I stumbled across these Sharpie like dupes in Poundland I figured surely they must work the same right? And turns out they do! Money saved...WIN ;)

Anyway enough babbling, how do you achieve this veritable rainbow on your nails using stationary? Well first I applied my dark base upon which this magic would happen. Two coats of Nails Inc Hot To Trot from the Dirty Unicorns collection did nicely for this, a divine deep & sparkly galaxy like blurple holo. Ungh...Dreamy.

I next selected the stamping plate that I would use, I decided to go for a floral design (shock horror). 

Then grabbing my Sharpies/Permanent Markers, I picked 4 shades, here I think I used green, blue, pink & red, and one at a time, filled in a section of the plate with sharpie pen, using a different colour on different parts until all was filled.

I then grabbed some white polish, as I couldn't find my white stamping polish I used Model Own Hypergel in White Out as I've found the Hyper Gels to be fantastic for stamping. Cover the image with polish & swipe across as you would for normal stamping, pick up the design & stamp on to the nail!

The white picks up all the rainbow colours from the Sharpie markers perfectly creating the water colour like effect! Amazing right?!

I'm honestly obsessed with this technique & cant wait to play around again with more Sharpie Stamping!  Thanks to Kate for the fab inspo! 

Hope you liked the look too, thanks for reading as always, until next time!

Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo