11.28.2018

Festive NOTD - Xmas Vintage Roses & Gold Glitter

Hey there lovely readers!

So Fall has passed us by far too quickly in my opinion & it seems that the natural way of things to go moving forwards is Christmas! Yup tis the season to be jolly which means nail art will be getting suitably sparkly around these parts, or I hope anyway! As usual it all depends on time but I do hope to roll out some fun festive goodness for the nails this year!


Starting things with a vintage vibe & incorporating my favourite kind of nail art, florals! The beauty about florals is that they can be rocked throughout the year, no matter the season & especially during Xmas. So if you're looking for a classy yet sparkly look for the festive period then these are for you!

To start things off you want a nice nude base for that classy look to your mani. Here I've used one coat of True Brit London The Summer House, a lovely pale biscuit beige nude. I've only applied one coat as there will be a few different layers going on here.

Next for that festive sparkle! I decided to do a pretty gold glitter gradient on the tips, so grabbing a piece of makeup sponge, I first dabbed on some Illamasqua Swinger, a pale metallic gold.

Still feeling it needed some extra pow wow, using another bit of sponge I added on some Nicole by OPI Carrie'D Away gold glitter polish which gave it that pretty sparkle I wanted! YUS!

Now for our roses! I've done roses many times now & there are so many different ways to create them on the nails! You can have a peek at all of my floral designs HERE which show a few different techniques as well as my Valentines Rose Tutorial HERE.


For these I started with my lightest polish shade, you need about 2-3 different colour tones to create a rose. I first added a blob of pale pink where I wanted my roses, this is a very old Make Up Revolution shade in Call Me Naive (I don't think they even DO polishes anymore?!) Either 2 or 3 blobs, however many roses you want!

Next pick your medium shade, here I've gone for red & used Gucci 120 Iconic Red. Using a fine nail art brush, add on some curved swirls to your pink blobs to resemble the petals

Then using the darkest shade, I've gone for Illamasqua Charisma, a deep burgundy satin shimmer & again using my fine nail art brush, I added some thin swirls on to the petals to add dimension. I went in again with the lighter shades, just layering petals until I was happy & thats the way of it really! 


No rose is complete without some lovely green fauna, it honestly makes the floral mani! For my leaves I used a light mint green creme, Make Up Revolution Cool Days, to create the leaf shapes using a fine brush. Then grabbing an even finer brush, I added the outlines & vein details to the leaves in a darker green, Models Own Ebony Green.

Almost there...for that extra touch I added on a tiny golden pearl ball to the centre of my roses, only because I'm extra. This of course is completely optional ;)

Finish your design with a good layer of topcoat to seal & shine & you are done! I honestly love how these came out so much, wouldn't they make the perfect Xmas party mani?

Hope you liked, thanks as always for reading & stay tuned for more festive nail goodness! In the meantime you can find all my Christmas Nail Art looks HERE

Lotsa love to ya!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo