12.06.2017

Festive NOTD - Red, Green & Gold Smoky Ombre

Hello there lovely readers!

Tis the season to be jolly & thus one is finally getting up my first nail art for the season! 



I had planned on rolling out a few Christmas manicures as you know I LOVE getting into the spirit of things however I'm off to Dubai & sunnier climates tomorrow for a wee holiday before the year is out so turns out there may not be as many as I thought! Though I am super excited to finally visit this place I've heard so much about & have been reading up all the travel blogs I can find!


Anyhoo onto the nail art! For my first design I decided to go in all guns blazing & create a look combing all the main festive shades of red, green & gold. Gaining inspiration from the fabulous SoNailicious, I used the polishes to create this Smoky Ombre effect that Maria shared which is achieved using a simple needle! 


To begin you need a golden polish, this is Deborah Lippmann Nefertiti, a beautiful rich, vibrant gold, isn't it purdy? You need to apply two coats of your gold base to each nail.


I decided to do alternate nails using the red & green. For my green nails I selected this, sadly nameless, yet no doubt stunning green from foreign polish brand Golden Rose. And for the red nails I used Rimmel Rock n Roll.


Now to create the smoky ombre design, using your selected colour, be it the red or green or another shade of your choosing, apply this colour to the top half of your nail.


Then grabbing the gold again, apply more gold to the bottom half of the nail.

Whilst the polish is still wet, this is when you grab your needle & basically start swirling the two colours together in the centre, dragging the two shades into each other to create this smoky ombre look.


Once happy with my swirling, I finished with adding a coat of fine gold sparkly glitter polish from Pure Ice called Studette before topping with topcoat to finish!


Hope you liked this design lovelies, thank you Maria as always for the amazing inspiration! Have a fabulous week babes & will touch base again when I get back from my travels! Stay up to date via Twitter (@aysh_tmb) & Instagram (@aysh_xox) where I'll no doubt be sharing what adventures I get up to in Dubai!

Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo