2.28.2015

NOTD - Mint Pearl Vintage Nails ft HugoSophia Crystal Rings


Hello there lovely readers!

Today's nails feature a spot o' bling detail in the form of some pretty crystal stack rings, who doesn't love a bit of sparkle eh? But more on those later. For this mani I went down the vintage route leaving a half moon at the bottom of the nail bare. I love this style of manicure, so chic!



For my base colour I used this gorgeous minty turquoise crème polish from Cynthia Rowley which is sadly nameless. I found this brand in TK Maxx & was intrigued to try & I love it. Lovely crème formula & the shade is such a mood lifter!


Using a hole punch reinforcer sticker for the vintage half moon, which I simply stuck down on the bottom half of the nail, I painted two coats of the minty green, removing the sticker while polish is still wet. Don't worry if the edge isn't neat, as it gets covered up later.


I then applied a few coats of this divine polish Naiade, isn't that such a pretty name? This is actually an indie polish that I picked up in a blog sale yonks ago! Naiade, which in Greek mythology means flowing water, is a sheer turquoise with opalescent glitter & flakies that shimmer oh so prettily. J'adore!


Finally I reached for my nail art wheels & picked some pretty pearls to go around the edge of the bare half moons. Not only does adding rhinestones this way jazz up a mani beautifully, but it also covers up the edge of your half moons, so you don't need to worry about clean up for a neat curve!


Seal it all with a good few coats of topcoat to secure the pearls & you're done :) Now going back to those pretty rings, I find myself getting back in to the flow of accessorizing more, especially rings! I discovered the online jewellery brand HugoSophia on Twitter & immediately fell in love with their stunning pieces which include the most eye catching necklaces & pretty rings, including this lovely set of Black Crystal Midi Rings.


The set includes 4 metallic rings of different sizes embedded with sparkly crystals. The different widths of each mean they can be worn on different fingers in a manner of different ways & I just love how they bling up the manicure! My wishlist for HugoSophia is growing at an alarming rate! Unfortunately the Black Crystal Midi Rings are currently sold out, but I do believe the site is regularly updated. So if you're after some decently priced yet stunning bling then I definitely recommend you check them out!

Thanks for reading lovelies!

Lotsa love to ya!


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this hun! Nothing like a bit of vintage nail art and it goes perfectly with the rings. There is something about pearls and mint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you sweetpea! I'm totally obsessed with the vintage style at the moment :) And totally agree, mint & pearls...reminds me of the sea! :) xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo