2.10.2019

NOTD - Poppies & Gold for Galentines!

Hey there lovely readers!

Florals you'll know if you're a regular reader, are my jam & I don't see this love going anywhere anytime soon! Speaking of love it is of course Valentines season, but moi? I'm celebrating Galentines with my gals! Today's nail art is for Galentines Day babes & features one of my favourite red polishes which was sent to me by one of my darling friends Chelle all the way from Australia! Which I thought perfect for the occasion.


As always Instagram is my go to for inspo & this look in particular was inspired by the super talented Courtney aka @thenailartbabe. Courtney creates some of the most stunning floral & fashion inspired designs & I'm itching to recreate so many! This floral poppy look in particular caught my eye, combining all my favourite things, nude tones, vampy reds, gold AND florals....WINNING!

Apologies for the state of my nails babes, they seem to be snapping like no tomorrow, think it might be stress related as January has been pretty full on for a number of reasons...even my beloved MicroCell Nail Repair is struggling to help. But I'll persevere with applying this HG basecoat until I get me some talons back! But at least this way I get to show you that you don't need long nails for nail art!

For my base I applied one coat of OPI Humidi-Tea, a really beautiful mink nude with subtle gold shimmer, a perfect canvas for my poppies!



And for these I grabbed this beautiful red polish by Australian brand Ulta3 which is rather ironically called English Rose haha! However its one of my favs as not only is the red vibrant but it is made even more stunning by the presence of fine gold microglitter really making it POW WOW. I used a fine nail art brush to randomly place my poppies on each nail, about 4-5 to each nail. Drawing them was pretty easy as poppies are basically just wobbly round circles right? ;)



To make these red splodges actually RESEMBLE poppies I grabbed a random black & yellow polish & added some small black dots to the centres before also adding some small yellow dots for the pollen. Of course no floral is complete without some leaves! Again using a fine brush I placed in some fauna amongst my poppies using No7 Dollar.



I still felt I needed a little extra summin summin, so for a final touch I added some tiny pieces of gold foil, I used THIS one which I picked up from AliExpress & is so good for this kind of blingy detail, to each nail before finishing everything with a slick of topcoat!



A perfect Valentines/Galentines look! The babes over at Meebox are currently holding a fab comp where they are offering one lucky person to create their very own Meebox! How amazing would that be? Do go check thier IG out (@meeboxuk) for all the details & take part! Hope you have a lovely one be it with your guys, gals, pets or ALL!

Lotsa love to ya!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo