2.26.2019

Afternoon Tea Adventures - Fortnum & Masons

Hey there lovely readers!

Ooooh its been a long while since I've added to my Afternoon Tea Adventures! Shocking really as I sampled some amazing ones for my birthday month last year where I partook in one EVERY weekend! Needless to say I rolled out of September a few cakes heavier but NO REGRETS. Each one was absolutely amazing & I now have lots of material to share with you so you see...it was ALL for blogging purposes ;)


I wanted to start with the experience I was most excited for as its been on my bucket list forever...the Fortnum & Mason High Tea. If you are looking for a true LUXURY Afternoon Tea experience then Fortnums is your one, its not classed as one of the most famous destinations in London for nothing. 

The infamous store itself is an absolute delight to explore with its extravagant counters & displays of confectionery, teas from all over the world & more. After spending some time perusing, we then made our way to the Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon, where our Afternoon Tea would be served.

Upon arrival we were taken to our table laid out in the infamous duck egg blue & white theme Fortnums is known for & handed menus to choose which Afternoon Tea option we would like. Fortnums offers a few, including a vegetarian only one which is fab. 

We decided to try a different one each so selected one Classic Tea and One Savoury Tea...purely for curiosity you know & NOT on account of us just being a pair of greedy heifers...O_o There's also a HUGE selection of teas to choose from, some of them Fortnums very own unique blends. I actually cannot remember majority of what teas we had as we tried a fair few different ones!

We didn't have to wait long for our Afternoon Teas to arrive & oh what a sight. You definitely know you are in for a special treat. Each tea is served in the obligatory three tier wonder. 

Starting with the Savoury Tea, in place of cakes on the topmost tier you are served instead a selection of savoury Hor D'oeuvres. I believe the menu changes quite frequently as ours differed slightly to what is currently on the menu at the moment? But these were very interesting, especially the egg concoction in the centre! You also get some smoked salmon, caviar & foie gras treats in there too...all very rich, full of flavour.

The scones with the Savoury Tea are Lobster and Cheese flavoured I believe & come with a cream cheese spread & tomato chutney instead of the standard cream & jam! These were absolutely incredible & not being a scone fan I'm always skipping the scone part of Afternoon Tea but these I simply could not resist.

You are served a nice variety of sandwiches, these are both the same on the Classic and Savoury Teas & include Egg mayonnaise, Cucumber & Cream Cheese, Ham & Mustard, Smoked Salmon & Coronation Chicken options. These can also be replenished to your hearts content...DANGEROUS.

On the Classic Tea you are served the traditional scones, both plain & fruit. These are of course served with clotted cream & Fortnums special Strawberry Preserve and Lemon Curd to accompany. My aunt is obsessed with this Lemon Curd & always politely requests (i.e. demands) I pick up a jar whenever in the area of Fortnums & I can see for myself why, rich in flavour yet not overly tarte it really is DELICIOUS.

Naturally feeling fit to burst at this point we still couldn't forget the final tier of our Classic Tea featuring a delightful selection of cakes & pastries, including sponge, chocolate, coconut & treacle offerings! 

Not gonna lie, most of these we had packed to take home with us otherwise Fortnum's would have required a clean up on table 4...& as it is such a classy establishment we thought fit to avoid this.

I cannot tell you how much my friend & I enjoyed our time partaking in the Fortnum's experience, it utterly met all my expectations & then some. We honestly felt like royalty from the wonderful service of the staff & needless to say, the tea itself was incredible. The Fortnum & Mason Afternoon Tea is priced at £54.40 per person & yes...IS one of the more pricier ones out there. But for such a luxurious experience it is definitely worth it as a treat in my opinion & I highly recommend you try it at least once!

Thanks as always for reading! You can catch all of Afternoon Tea Adventures HERE.

Lotsa love to ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo