2.05.2019

NOTD - Opal Semi Precious Stone Nails

Hello there lovely readers!

I've been on a bit of a mission you may call it to try & recreate as many semi precious stones as I can in nail art form. I've always adored gemstones & being part witch of course I fully appreciate their healing & mystical properties! ;)

You can catch all my Semi Precious stone recreations HERE, including the likes of Jade, Rose Quartz & Marble. This time I wanted to attempt one of my favourites which is the milky magical Opal stone!


I always love discovering jewellery pieces featuring this stone, inevitably becoming hypnotised by the magical rainbow pearl elements to be found within & I thought it would be fun to try & recreate a similar effect...& I think I managed to nail it (pun perhaps intended)

As you can see I went for a negative space kinda vibe with these, which I love, I need to do more negative space looks. I started with my milky cream nude polish which would be the base for the Opal stone, this is Sally Hansen's Creme de la Creme & using the polish brush, I just applied it where I wanted the stone to feature on the nail, making each nail slightly different.

Now to help with creating that marbled rainbow quality that Opals are know for I grabbed 3 different polishes & basically added these on to the Sally Hansen base using the "Dry Brush" technique.

If you don't know already, the dry brush technique is basically wiping 90% of the polish from the brush so you are left with only the teeniest amount on the brush, then swiping this across the nail for a delicate wash of colour.

Here I've used Models Own Flylac, Annika Pools Party & Models Own Sun Hat, all applied in the same way, which I thought would create a pretty pastel rainbow look.

Next I grabbed my fine nail art brush & first using Models Own Rose Gold chrome polish, outlined the edge of each stone, including the tips. I still felt it need an extra pow wow, so I went over the tip of that with ILNP Daydreamer, a gorgeous pink/gold holo glitter.

Now for the magic....to give my Opal stones that ethereal vibe, I grabbed my pot of Chameleon Powder from Born Pretty Store & using my finger, rubbed each nail with a coat of this powdered sparkly goodness! Because the polish was at the almost dry stage, the powder managed to stick nicely & I actually quite like the effect of it graduating down the bare part of the nail! Like a trail of fairy dust!

Finish it all with topcoat & you have your Opal Stone Nails! I absolutely LOVED wearing these so much. Now what stone to create next...any ideas? Thanks for reading as always!

Lotsa love to ya!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo