1.25.2019

NOTD - Lilac Leopard Print Nail Art Tutorial!

Hey there lovely readers!

If you checked out my previous post you'll know I shared some super easy nail art looks using the Models Own SoFly collection. I wanted to create a final nail art look that was fierce enough to do this gorgeous collection justice & what better than some roaring leopard print nails?


ROAR! This is my favourite go to look when I want a quick nail art fix as it looks ace & is so darn easy to do! 

To show you how easy, here's a quick step by step pictorial on how to create Leopard Print Nails.

I decided to use Flylac as my base as its hands down my favourite out of the whole collection, so start with applying two coats of Flylac or whichever base colour you like.

Next grabbing Bullion Bling, add a splodge of gold where you want your spots to be using the brush from the polish, it doesn't need to be neat! Be sure to swipe the brush on the edge of the bottle to remove excess polish so you only have a bit on the brush to avoid flooding your nail with polish.

Now grabbing a black polish & a dotting tool, (FYI you can get these super cheap off Ebay but if you don't have one then use whatever is at your disposal! This can be a bobbypin, a toothpick, heck I've even used a pencil on occasion) we now create our leopard spots. Drop a blob of black polish onto some paper/foil, dip in your tool & draw on two to three curved squiggly lines around your gold spot like so.

Add a few extra smaller empty black spots randomly in different sizes for extra detail by drawing C like curves on top of each other, rather like a macaroon, before finishing with topcoat to seal & shine.

And you have you some fierce Leopard print nails ready to rock. 

Like I said this is one of my favourite designs to do, super quick & endless possibilities with the colour spectrum. Hope you like it too! Thanks for reading!

Lotsa love to ya!


2 comments:

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo