1.03.2019

NOTD - Blue Porcelain Florals!

Hello there lovely readers & happy new year!

Rolling into 2019 my favourite way...with FLORALS! As you know florals are my absolute favourite when it comes to nail art, the possibilities are endless! I definitely want to work more on my freehand floral skills this year & that will basically involve watching ALL of Follow That Way's nail art tutorials. If you are not familiar, Follow That Way aka Annabel is the absolute QUEEN of delicate floral designs. 

Seriously this girls skills are incredible & I hope one day to even have a fraction of her talent. I find watching her tutorials just mesmerizing, the way she slowly brings her floral designs to life. One such design I fell in love with was her Blue Porcelain Florals, which I've tried to recreate here.


As I have a soft spot for Afternoon Tea & ESPECIALLY pretty crockery, these were inevitably going to stand out to me the most with their pretty porcelain pattern. Now obviously I have nothing on the amazing Annabel but I'm actually pretty chuffed with how these turned out!

Annabel uses Acrylic paints for her designs, which is something I want to start doing more as they are MUCH easier to work with however to do that I will actually need to go out & buy some!  So here I've used polishes...To create these you'll need a white, a pale blue & a dark blue.

I painted 3 nails with my white base, this is Essence Outta Space Is The Place, one of my absolute favorites as it also has a delicate shimmery opalescent holo to it. The other 2 I went with a dark blue base for a bit of contrast. This is an old nameless indy polish by Princess Nail Lacquer.

Once my bases were dry I then went to creating my design. With a fine nail art brush I started with the pale blue polish, here I've used Annika Pool Party which I got in the Look Book Meebox. Using a light touch with the brush I roughly sketched out my roses & leaves on each nail.

Then going in with the dark blue polish, I added some petal detail to my roses to make them stand out. Then grabbing some white polish, I went in again outlining the petals to add definition. I continued with this a few times, switching shades until I was happy with the result. Of course on the dark blue nails I used just the white & light blue shades to create my design in the same way.

Finish with topcoat. I need a hella lot more practice thats for sure but I loved how these came out & I'm now itching to try more of Annabels designs! Definitely do go check her out for ALL the kitschy vintage vibes! Thanks as always for reading, till next time!

Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo