8.28.2018

Disney Nail Art Series - Tangled!

Hello there lovely readers!

Ooooh its been a while since I've visited my Disney Nail Art Series hasn't it? Well lets rectify that shall we? Disney has consistently been close to my heart my whole life so I've loved recreating some of my favourite films in nail art form! You can catch all of my looks so far including Beauty & The Beast, The Lion King & more HERE.

This one today is for my darling Claire in particular who actually designed that header & mini caricature version of me up there at the top of the screen didn't you know? A super talented artist & absolutely lovely girl to boot, definitely do go check her out!

When I threw out the question on Twitter on what film to recreate next, Claire stepped forth & suggested Tangled! Even though this is one of the newer films, I was very cynical when I watched it as I am a hardcore Classic Disney fan but I actually loved it! If you're not familiar, the story tells the tale of Rapunzel whom we all know is famous for her long golden hair....


When it came to transitioning this Disney tale on to my nails I of course had to touch on the hair aspect, however I wanted to also incorporate Rapunzels pretty dress as well as the Golden Sun symbol that is prominent in the film.... 

The colour of Rapunzels dress is a beautiful lilac shade & I knew immediately that Models Own Flylac would be the perfect shade for this mani! To begin with I painted each nail with two coats of this lovely shimmery lilac creme, leaving a V like gap on the thumb & pinkie fingers as these nails would be the dress & this would be the neckline.

For the Rapunzel Dress Nails, after painting part of the nail, I dotted some white polish along the V for the lace of the dress. I then added two rows of blue dots going down the nail side by side. To create the corset I simply used a rose gold polish & added thin lines from the blue dots in a criss cross fashion to complete!

On the next two nails I recreated Rapunzels flowing hair. For the blond locks I used OPI Rollin In Cashmere which made the PERFECT pale golden yellow. Using the brush I swooped down the nail where I wanted the flow of hair to go. There is a point in the movie where Rapunzel adds flowers to her hair so using a fine nail art brush & a few polishes I just added some pretty florals along the locks in random shapes, sizes & colours. 

And finally I dedicated the middle nail to the Golden Sun symbol from the movie. Now I'm not happy with how this came out at ALL but instead of freehanding the design directly on the nail I decided to create a decal using my nail art mat.

This is the first time I've attempted a decal & as first attempts go I don't think I did too badly but I need to practice! To create decals you basically paint your design with nail polish directly to your nail art mat, which is of a silicone material, you then cover said design with clear polish & leave this to dry (about 20 mins) Once completely dry, you should be able to peel off the decal from the mat using a pair of tweezers & place directly onto the nail which you then cover with topcoat to finish!

I clearly got my proportions a little wrong as my sun symbol was a bit too big & wide for my nail shape haha! But hopefully the symbol comes across well enough, it wasn't the easiest shape to draw O_O

Finishing everything with topcoat of course & I was done! Phew! Not gonna lie...a lie down was needed when I finished ;) What do you think? I hope you liked the Tangled installment of my Disney Nail Art Series! All requests welcome!

Lotsa love to ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo