9.04.2018

NOTD - Lemon & Lilac!

Hey there lovely readers!

I don't know if its the time of year but I am kinda obsessed with all things lemon right now. The shade that is! I picked up the most dreamy yellow dress from Zara the other week that also functions as an immediate mood lifter, it helps that its super swishy for obligatory impulsive twirling of course. I'm currently on the hunt for a lemon print dress, I've seen a few floating around on the socials that have peeked my interest...I NEED!


When it comes to yellow nails, ones initial reaction may be to recoil in horror...present company included. But I decided to give it a go anyway & well...I absolutely bloomin love it! What do you think?

I suppose it depends on what shade of yellow you choose & how you use it. Here I decided to combine a bit of fluorescent cream as a negative space look on only part of the nail with some florals thrown in...in my world when in doubt...FLORAL.

I used this fluorescent yellow cream polish from Claire's which despite being labelled as a fluoro, isn't blindingly bright which was ideal. As mentioned I used this shade to cover three quarter of the nail.

On top of the yellow I applied one coat of this funky yellow glitter, also from Claire's for a bit of extra pow wow if you like.

Then for the floral border this could not be easier. I used a pretty Lilac shade from Miss Sporty & using the brush from the polish just added two to three splodges along the edge of the yellow.

Next grabbing a darker purple & a fine nail art brush I just added the swirl details on top to form the petals. Here I've used Models Own Hyper Gel in Pitch Purple

No floral is complete without a touch of green fauna foliage so for this I used some mint green creme polish (I think this one was from Topshop) to place my leaves before adding a bit of sparkle green courtesy of Zoya Apple on top.

Finish everything with that obligatory topcoat & you are done! What do you think? Would you wear this sort of yellow look? Thanks as always for reading!

Lotsa love to ya!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo