8.21.2018

NOTD - Pitch Purple & Pink!

Hey there lovely readers!

Coming at you today with a vibrant & uplifting nail art look, because why the heck not! 


I often like to channel my emotions through my nails or if I'm feeling especially down then there's nothing I love more than a jolly bright mani to lift up my spirits!

A combination of gothic glam, groovy glitter & punchy pink dot details were the order of the day for this look, what do you think? And its SO easy to do!

Staring with that divine dark base, this here is two coats of Models Own Hypergel in the shade Pitch Purple, such a lovely glossy gothic polish & a nice alternative to your bog standard black.

Next for the glitter accent touch to each nail I used a fun mixed glitter from, would you believe it....Poundland! Yup this little store is one of my favourite hunting grounds when it comes to nail polishes! This is from their own makeup brand Makeup Gallery & I've tried a few of the polishes from the range already & so far been quite impressed! This glitter is called Rainbow Sparkle & is a lovely mixture of gold, green & copper glitters!

Using the brush from the polish. I placed a large dab of glitter at the base of the nail, by the cuticle, before dragging it upwards along the nail bed to the tip, so you basically have a nice centre strip of glitter that gradually fades. I've actually seen a lot of Poundland stores closing down recently....? I guess because there are so many now things must have gotten too competitive! So sad!

Then grabbing my dotting tool & this gorgeous vibrant coral pink shade called Fruity Patuttie from Sally Hansen, I placed a row of dots on either side of the glitter centre, starting with larger dots at the base eventually getting smaller at the end.

For the little finger I decided to go a different route & applied two coats of the Sally Hansen Fruity Patuttie before stamping a design using a random Born Pretty Store stamping plate & the Pitch Purple.

Finish with topcoat to seal & your done! A super quick & fun look that can be easily done with a rainbow of different colour combinations! Thanks as always for reading!

Lotsa love to ya!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo