8.07.2018

A England "A Symphony In Green and Gold" and "Peaseblossom A Fairy" Polishes

Today I wanted to share two beautiful new additions to my polish collection from one of my all time favourite brands...A-England

A-England is an indie polish creation by the lovely Adina & the collections within her range seek inspiration from English history & myths...thus appealing to my aesthetic completely. Not only are the polishes themselves stunning with faultless formulas but the stories behind the collections are equally intriguing & magical. Collections such as "Tudoresque", which is dedicated to King Henry VIII & his 6 wives. "The Legend", which touches on the story of St George & the dragon and "To Emily Bronte", a collection inspired by the gothic novel Wuthering Heights...these are just a few of the magical collections...can you see why I am besotted?


I own a few A-England shades already but not nearly enough in my opinion! So when Adina recently had a promo of buy one get one free I could not resist snapping up two more pretties to add to my collection!

First up we have PeaseBlosssom A Fairy...

PeaseBlossom A Fairy is one of the shades from The Shakespeare's Fairies collection, polishes inspired by A Midsummer Nights Dream, a tale in which the fairy kingdom is prominent. This shade in particular is for one of the fairy servants to Titania.

PeaseBlossom is a beyond beautiful berry wine red hologram shade with a pretty blue/violet iridescent shimmer. giving it that extra holographic quality..truly magical!

It applied sublimely in two coats for opacity. I didn't want to distract from the beauty of the polish too much so, trying to keep in with the theme I guess, I simply stamped on some white floral patterns using white stamping polish.

And now on to the second shade...Symphony In Green & Gold. This polish is from the Sargents Vision collection, a selection of shades inspired by the 1885 oil painting "Carnation Lily, Lily Rose" by John Sargent & each of the four shades within the collection are named in the style of one of Sargents contemporaries, James Whistler.

Out of the 4 it was Symphony in Green & Gold that called out to me most with its truly unique luminous soft green holo with stunning golden shimmer running through that really comes to life in the sunlight.

Two coats applied beautifully for a smooth opaque finish. I honestly have nothing like this shade in my stash, I adore it!

I decided to stamp this one also, but went a bit extra with some double stamping. Using some gold & green stamping polishes & a vine image from a random stamping plate I stamped one on top of the other to create this simple  ethereal look which I thought complemented the shade & collection well.

So can you see why I am obsessed with A-England? You can find Adina's beautiful polishes online for £11. And FYI...the month of August is her darling feline furbaby friend Tristam's birthday so ALL polishes are £7 for the whole month! What are you waiting for? Go go go ;) Thanks for reading as always!

Lotsa love to ya!



   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo