7.02.2018

NOTD - Watermelon Nail Art Tutorial!

Hello there lovely readers!

Today I have a step by step pictorial to share with you lovelies showing how I created these fun Watermelon Tips.


I'm truly digging summery fruit manicures & even though I'm not a huge fan of the watermelon fruit itself, I definitely love it on my nails! I think I might actually do an updated fruit nail art series at some point, I did start one donkeys ago on here when I was just starting out but I'd definitively want to create some more improved looks!

There's so many different & fun ways to do Watermelon nail art, I wanted to do something a bit different so went for this twist on a french mani look. And whilst I wasn't 100% happy with it, (I really do need to work on my freehand lines!) I still enjoyed wearing them immensely!

If you like the look of these too then keep on reading to see how you can recreate them too...

Start with applying your basecoat of course. Once dry go in with your first polish, which is the red for your watermelon flesh. Using the brush from the polish, just apply a half circle across the tips like so....

Then using a white polish & a fine nail art brush, apply a white outline to the edge of the red. This is Marshmallow by Primark.

Next grabbing a light green polish, here I've used Picture Polish Honeydew which I thought quite fitting haha! Again using your fine nail art brush, apply the light green along the edge of the white.

Then to complete the rind, grab a darker green, I reached for Models Own Ebony Green & again with the nail art brush, add a final layer above the light green.

Now grabbing some black polish & a toothpick, add on your seeds in rows on the red flesh part of your melon, beginning with 4, then 3, then 2 or 1.

I decided to add a bit of bling to my watermelons  in the form of a juicy red stone on to the bare (negative space) part of the nail before finishing it all with a nice thick slick of topcoat!

And you have your Watermelon French mani! 

You can of course use french mani guides to help with drawing the curved lines but that requires patience that this girl just doesn't have ;)

Hope you liked! Would you like to see more fruity mani's? Watch this space! Until next time :)

Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo