9.06.2019

Afternoon Tea Adventures - Charlie and The Chocolate Factory at One Aldwych

Hello there lovely readers,

It has been a hot minute since I've done an afternoon tea review which is crazy as I've had SO much material to share what with it being my favourite pastime & all. But this year seems to have gone off kilter in a major way with a lot going on with work, health & LIFE, hence the huge backlog, 

So lets get back on track a wee bit shall we & what better way than with the help of chocolate to kick start things again.  Naturally as soon as I heard that a Charlie and The Chocolate Factory Afternoon Tea existed it immediately went on to the ever growing "must try" list, I mean who ISN'T a fan of the magical world of Roald Dahl AND chocolate?


So my mumma and I hotfooted it down to One Aldwych Hotel in London to experience the Charlie and The Chocolate Factory Tea for ourselves & boy it did not disappoint! One thing to note, we did do this last year & though the tea is still available, the menu may have changed since then with a few little differences.

Once we arrived we were led to & seated in the main restaurant/bar area. Although the area was lovely, I confess I would have preferred a more intimate setting as the seating DID feel a little cramped, especially when the tea itself arrived. We spotted some tables on an upper balcony which would have been perfect for an Afternoon tea, however no biggie, after all we were here for the eating!

With this tea you are served your savouries first and you get a lovely mixture of  delights with salmon and egg offerings including a quiche, savoury cheese scones & brioche bun sandwiches. A nice change to the usual sandwiches served with afternoon tea & these were all seriously scrumptious!

There is also a delightful selection of teas to choose from too, mum went for her usual English Breakfast whilst I couldn't resist trying the chocolate tea, which was as good as it sounded with a delicate hint of cocoa sweetness.

Once we had sampled as much of the savouries as we could, these were cleared to make way for the main event, all the sweet treats! And boy did it deliver!

You can see what I mean about the lack of room haha. But there was so much to try we eagerly stuck in. Starting with the golden tier which held adorable mini bottles of chocolate milk, apple flavour candy floss, blueberry Eton Mess, toffee apple Cake Pops and a golden chocolate egg filled with vanilla cheesecake & mango. These were all amazing & really make this unique afternoon tea stand out!

And the sweet treats don't stop there, accompanying all of this was a silver bowl filled with warm scones, cocoa bean Madeleine's & banana & caramelised walnut cake....PHEW!

If ALL that wasn't enough, the staff also brought out a delicious chocolate brownie with a candle as it was my birthday when we went which I thought was the most lovely gesture!

I'm not going to lie, we did NOT finish all the goodies but no matter as the staff kindly packed up our leftovers to take home. All in all my mum & I had the best time experiencing the Charlie and The Chocolate Factory. There were so many unique touches that really make this tea stand out & I would definitely recommend you give it a go! The Charlie and The Chocolate Factory Afternoon Tea is £45 per person & they also offer, gluten free, vegan & vegetarian options too!

Hope you enjoyed reading my lovelies, thanks as always for stopping by! You can catch all my Afternoon Tea reviews HERE. Until next time!

Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo