8.27.2019

NOTD - Octopus Nails!

Hey there lovely readers,

As much as I love challenging myself when it comes to my nail art with intricate & detailed designs...sometimes you just need to have something CUTE AF on your nails for a wee little boost if you will, which is how I came to have these extremely RANDOM yet satisfyingly cheerful Octopus Nails!


I love how these came out & they made me giggle every time I looked down at them. It bugged me for the longest time WHAT these reminded me of but then it finally dawned on me...my Octupi bared a strong resemblance to High Alien Mr Burns from that X Files episode of The Simpsons..."I bring you looooove!" Haha if you know, you know ;)

I wanted a white base for my Octopus dudes so started with 2 coats of Essence Outta Space Is The Place which has become my favourite shade to use as a canvas for nail art. Its a super pretty pearly milky white with subtle holographic elements...so pretty!

To start drawing my Octupi, I first used a random pale lilac polish by the brand Golden Rose & added 4 wiggly lines to each nail using a fine nail art brush. These are the 4 "back tentacles" of the Octupus.

Next using a gorgeous cobalt blue polish by Princess Lacquer I drew on the big round head with the 4 "front tentacles" coming out from the bottom.

Then going in with some white polish, I added some dots on to the front tentacles for the....suction pad thingys? What ARE those called? Anyhoo, I added these plus dotted on two big white dots on the head before adding a smaller blue dot within that for the eyes. There is clearly something incredibly fascinating on the ocean bottom as they all seem to be looking downwards...

On the little fingers I simply stamped on a whirly pattern to fit in with the whole tentacle vibe. Finish with the obligatory topcoat for that special shine & you're done! Hope you like this quirky design! Thanks for reading & catch you next time!

Lotsa love to ya!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo