8.19.2019

NOTD - Lemony Nails

Hi there lovely readers,

I've been obsessed with lemon prints of late, on fabric, on crockery, on print...you name it, I see it, I NEED it. Naturally it was only a matter of time before this obsession transitioned on to my nails :)

I saw a pretty lemon look by one of my favourite nail artists on instagram @nailstorming. Not only does she have the loveliest designs but she also shares fab tutorials to help you recreate them! Her lemon nails were inspired by the awesome @thehangedit...another one of my favs! Any way I basically wanted to be part of this lemony gang ASAP so got to getting me some lemon nails too & not only were these were SO easy to do but I think they may be one of my fav looks this year!


I totes forgot to capture the polish bottles this time round, so apologies for that. Blogger FAIL. But as long as you have the 4 or so main or similar shades then you're good :) 

You can totally do this look on a naked nail for a bit of a negative space vibe but I prefer to have a canvas, so for this I opted for a pale milky pink of which I applied 2 coats. This was a Nails Inc one.

Grabbing my fine nail art brush & a brown polish, I started my lemon design by drawing on some fine branches to each nail.

Then using the same brush I next grabbed a bright yellow & added 2-3 oval type shapes to each nail for my lemons!

Next I picked up some green polish & added a few leaves, then used a darker green shade to add some finer lines for definition.

And finally to make my yellow splodges look like actual lemons, I added a few tiny white dots for the rind/skin before coating it all in some glossy topcoat!

Hope you love these as much as I do! This is also such a fun way of wearing yellow without being too intense! Thanks as always for reading, until next time!

Lotsa love to ya!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo