5.09.2019

NOTD - Jewel Butterfly Nails

Hey there lovely readers!

Wowee its been a minute & then some since I've last blogged. As usual life & everything in between has been pretty chaotic & not all of it great. But...thankfully the winds finally seem to be changing for the better & whilst a bit late...I'm totally ready to get this year started properly.


Starting with some pretty nail art, my favourite therapy! And what could be more cheerful than some shimmery butterflies?! I've done butterfly wing nails on my blog before, with a KINDA tutorial HERE as well as using butterfly wings for my Disney Cinderella nails HERE.

This time I wanted to do something different & when I saw this stunning butterfly look which spreads across the tips of all the nails by my fav @nailthoughts aka Katie on IG, I fell in love & new I had to recreate!

I started with applying a nice nude base on all the nails as I wanted a canvas that really made the butterfly design stand out, this is two coats of OPI Sweet Heart, a beautiful pale pink crème.

I then selected my shades for the butterfly. I knew I wanted a pretty, jewel like duo chrome design so used a combination of KIKO 227 & 2True Crystal in Shade 6 (my inner OCD goes into overdrive at polishes with no names...O_o) Marbling both shades together to create a nice multi shade effect I applied the polish to the tips in the rough shape of a butterfly.

Then grabbing my fine nail art brush & some black polish, I added on the details of the body, antennae & wing pattern to transform the tips into a beautiful butterfly!

Finishing with a bit of white dot detail & topcoat of course. Thanks as always to Katie for always inspiring me with her amazing looks. Thanks for reading as always, till next time!

Lotsa love to ya!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo