4.02.2019

NOTD - Japanese Art Inspired Nails!

Hey there lovely readers!

I'm currently continuing on my creative journey if you will with looking for more challenging & interesting nail art looks. Following on from my previous post I'm finding myself drawn more to artwork these days as inspiration & I've always been intrigued by Japanese art with its serene blossoms & beauty.


When one of my fav nail artists (oh there are so many I'm sure you've realised by now!) on Instagram Hang Nguyen (@thehangedit) shared a Japanese Art inspired look that she had created, I knew instantly I wanted that beautiful art work on my nails too, so this is my recreation!

Just everything about the combo of the blue sea, red hot sun & soft cherry blossom blooms had me swooning... 

I started with my ocean tips, using Barry M Crystal Blue from their Molten Metal range a really beautiful blue chrome with green shimmers, perfect for my stormy sea! Using the brush I applied the polish on to my tips, in two swipes. 

I then grabbed a fine nail art brush & with some white polish added in the rows of curved lines to create the waves.

Next for the red hot sun I used Models Own Hedonist from the Hed Kandi collection, a vibrant red/orange. Again using a fine nail art brush I added on my burning sun to each nail peeking out by the cuticle.

Finally for the Cherry Blossom touch I added some thin branches using black polish across the Sun & then using two Models Own HyperGels, Pink Veneer (baby pink) & Cerise Shine (fuchsia pink), dotted on teensy blossoms. 

Add a coat of topcoat for that glossy finish & you're done! I was SO in love with how these came out, even my dad complimented them which nearly floored me haha! Hope you liked them too, thanks as always for reading! 

Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo