3.19.2019

NOTD - Rainbow Bouquet!

Hey there lovely readers!

Despite it being mid March already (how the heck did that happen?!) Spring could not seem further away if the rainstorms of last week were anything to go by!


But just because Mother Nature is having a domestic & holding off on the good weather doesn't mean I can't create me some Spring feels on my nails. And I think that this floral design may actually be my favourite of the year so far!

What do you think? I've stumbled across some super talented artist accounts on Instagram lately & found SO Much nail art inspiration from their work. Once artist is @jessraephoenix who illustrates the most beautiful floral paintings, one of which inspired todays look!

I just loved the combination of palm fronds & floral blooms in a variety of bright tones. As usual I grabbed a bunch of polishes & got to recreating! Starting with a pale canvas I used two coats of Face of Australia Take Me To The Candy Shop, a lovely pale pink shimmery crème.

For the two palm fronds I used a thin stripe of brown polish for the branch & added some bright blue leaves on one using KIKO 335 & then some thinner turquoise green leaves to the other using NYC Peacock.

I then added two round pink posies using Models Own Hypergel in Cerise Shine, adding a bit of deep burgundy in the centre to add dimension before finishing with a few yellow dots.

Next I added some pretty coral lotus like flowers into the bouquet using another KIKO polish, this was shade 490 (aaah KIKO I DO love ya but when are you going to start naming your polishes?!)

I finished the whole look with a few dots of gold polish in bunches of 3 to complete! Wait a few minutes before sealing with topcoat to avoid dragging your design. I LOVED this look so much I didn't want to take it off & it definitely made me feel ALL the Spring vibes! I hope you like it too!

Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo