2.26.2020

Afternoon Tea Adventures - Do You Like Chocolate?

Hello there lovely readers,

I think we are all in agreement that the answer to the question in the title of this post is & always will be YES. Afternoon Tea is my favourite pastime (I know...I'll give you a moment to pick yourself up from the floor after fainting from the shock of this statement) Add chocolate to the mix & I'm pretty much Homer Simpson in that well known chocolate land heaven dream sequence.

When my buddy Ram & I arranged a long awaited catch up sesh, it was a no brainer that afternoon tea would be the order of the day. So I booked us in for the Do You Like Chocolate? Experience at the Kimpton Fitzroy in London. Upon arrival I knew we were in for a treat with our tea set in the stunningly flamboyant & retro vibed Fitz bar room complete with its own disco ball suspended from the ceiling!


We were able to choose our seating so naturally opted for the boujie cosy centre velvet sofa to recline upon & the lovely staff member then went through with us what our special chocolate themed tea would include, featuring delicious treats designed by celebrated pastry chef Thibault Marchand. If you are a cocktail lover then you can also have this experience include 4 chocolate themed cocktails too!

There is a lovely selection of teas to choose from & sticking with the theme of our tea we both opted to sip the Grenadian Cacoa Nib which was delightfully chocalatey!

Before long the food arrived starting with our sandwiches. Now if you are expecting ordinary sarnies then you will be dissapointed. The Fitz instead offers an intriguing mix of flavourings including Smoked trout on beetroot bread, Tandoori chicken on caraway bread (LOVED this one), Goats Curd on onion bread & Carrot on white bread (liked this one the least). Quite adventurous fillings to be sure & perhaps not to everyone's taste but we enjoyed most of them! You also have the option to refill should you wish.

We opted against the sandwich refill because, quite unusually for me (being a savoury girl) I was very excited for the chocolate scones which were up next & readers...not to be dramatic or anything...these were TO DIE FOR. I normally never have the scones in an Afternoon Tea but we consumed both of these in record time, the accompanying clotted cream, blueberry jam and passionfruit curd making them OUTSTANDING. We could seriously have had more...

You are also served the traditional scones as well as a selection of sweet patisserie treats, ALL chocolate themed in some way. Having consumed the chocolate scones so heartily, we were at this point pretty full so the leftover treats were kindly packed up for us to take home.

Throughout our time at the Fitz, our teas were regularly refilled & we were very well looked after by the staff. The ambience is so lovely & you never feel rushed at all despite it getting busier as the afternoon went on. The Do You Like Chocolate Afternoon Tea is £45 per person and £65 if you opt for the cocktail one. I highly recommend you give it a go if you are a chocolate lover for sure!

Thanks as always for reading. You can catch all of my Afternoon Tea Adventures HERE

Until next time!


2 comments:

  1. This looks fab. I would die for a Vegan Afternoon Tea - not been able to find any up here :-|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ananka it really was! Aww thats so disappointing to hear! I've done a few vegan afternoon tea reviews but those have been in London...more places need to get on that! xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo