1.02.2020

Afternoon Tea Adventures - Dukes London (Vegan Friendly!)

Hello there lovely readers and a happy new year!

Its been quite some time since we have had some afternoon tea action in these parts, so for the first post of 2020 lets rectify that shall we?

2019 was filled with its fair share of downers let me tell you. But amongst the lows there were some magical highs too, one being finally meeting my beautiful online chum Georgie for the first time after "knowing" each other in the online universe for years. Truly one of the kindest souls I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, this is another reason why I will forever be grateful for blogging.




When deciding what we would do, it was only natural that afternoon tea was suggested. I am always on the hunt for a new one to try & my dear Georgie has a dairy allergy therefore I began a search for a vegan tea which would be suitable for us. And I finally found the place in Dukes London. So this is definitely one for any food allergy sufferers out there!

A beautiful historical hotel situated in the side streets of Mayfair, Dukes really felt like a bit of a hidden gem. Upon arrival we were directed to a beautiful, orangery style drawing room overlooking a pretty courtyard where we would be taking our tea.
We were then asked to select which tea we would like with many black, white and green options available to chop & change should we wish.

It didn't take long for our Afternoon Tea to be brought out in all its glory, the classic version for me & the vegan for Georgie & both looked utterly fabulous!

Each tea had the obligatory 3 tiers filled with delights. The sandwiches were really good with intriguing breads such as beetroot and onion and the fillings included cucumber, smoked cheese, fig and salmon. Georgie's savouries were equally scrumptious & featured oatcakes filled with cucumber and cress, and guacamole, coriander and black onion seeds, among others.

Next up the ever present scones, traditional for me and special vegan scones made with rice milk for Georgie.

And last but by no means least came the delicious selection of pastries. Again I was so impressed by the variety that was provided for not only myself but also for Georgie's needs too. Such delights as vegan walnut and chocolate brownie, and blueberry ganache, black forest bomb, raspberry avocado ganache mushroom, a lemon cheesecake and choux bun to name a few!

Throughout our entire time at Dukes we were looked after so wonderfully by the staff who were very attentive & to top an already wonderful experience, the team were also kind enough to treat us to some chocolate truffles as it was my birthday, such a sweet gesture!

Afternoon tea at Dukes is £37 per person which I think is a fantastic price for such a wonderful experience. The fact that they go to so much effort to make your time their enjoyable as well as providing for dietary requirements so well already makes it one of my most favourite Afternoon tea places to date. I am already itching to go back!

Thanks as always for reading! You can catch all of my Afternoon Tea Adventures HERE.

Lotsa love to ya!


2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun. I do like Afternoon Tea :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ananka, it really is! Its my favourite pastime :) xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo