12.17.2018

Disney Nail Art Series - Festive Edition - Frozen Nails!

Hi there lovely readers!

I've been wanting to revisit my Disney Nail Art Series for some time as yet again its been a while! You can see all my Disney recreations on the nails HERE, including classics such Beauty & The Beast, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King & more!

Frozen became a bit of a sensation with Disney for this generation of youngsters & the source of many parents loss of sanity at the thought of hearing Let It Go for the 3496th time....I myself waited a long time before watching as I am a hardcore CLASSIC Disney fan & was somewhat cynical at these newbies. However I confess, whilst I didn't understand the obsession, I STILL enjoyed the film immensely & seeing as its that time of year that ice likes to make its frosty appearance...what better for my next Festive look than some Disney Frozen Nails!


I knew I wanted blue, glitter & icicles present in this design but instead of going for Elsa's pale blue dress I decided to do a darker blue instead as I wanted my icicles to stand out more. Recall the almost invisible snowflakes of a few posts back HERE due to the pale base haha! Also it gave me the perfect opportunity to use the beautiful blue Naomi nail glitter I received in the Look Book Meebox which I reviewed HERE so huzzah!

For my base I first applied two coats of Leighton Denny, Get Your Cote, which incidentally, was another inclusion from one of the Meebox's I've purchased, this was from the Material Girl box! You can catch an in depth review of that lovely box HERE.

Doing one nail at a time, I applied the second coat of blue polish, then whilst the polish was still wet, I poured the glitter over the whole nail ensuring all bits of polish were coated, before wiping off the excess with a fan brush. Needless to say its a good idea to put paper down when doing this! You can also dip your nail into the pot & coat the nail that way, whatever you prefer! Any left over glitter I had left on my paper, I simply poured back into my pot, no wastage here sir!

Once all the nails were nicely bedazzled up, I went in with a thick layer of topcoat to smoother out the gritty surface that glitter inevitably gives. I then grabbed my thin nail brush & Model Own Hypergel in White Light to add on my icicles!

These could not be easier to do, start by drawing 5-6 (or however many you like) straight thin lines of different lengths from the cuticle to about three quarters of the way down the nail. Then go in with more polish to make the top of these lines thicker on either side, so they resemble sharp thin triangles for the icicles. Finish by adding some more polish at the top by the cuticle to join them & create the ceiling.

To really give that icey edge & because I'm just extra, I went in with a little China Glaze Lorelei's Tiara, just on the edges of my icicles to add some definition, a stunning silver glitter with frosty blue glitters mixed in there too, its one of my favourites!

Finish with another thick coat of topcoat & you're done. Frosty Festive Frozen nails ready to cast some snow spells just like Elsa! Hope you liked this Disney inclusion to my festive nail art looks this year. You can catch all of my Christmas Nail Art designs HERE. Thanks as always for reading!

Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo