1.11.2015

NOTD - Mythical Watercolour Nails


Bonjour my beauts, happy Sunday! Slowly starting to feel human again after being hit by the bugger flu this past week. Just when you think you're on the mend, another symptom knocks ya down! But with the help of the 3 L's...Lemsip, Lucozade & Lindt chocolate, I'm coming out the other side Chariots of Fire style.

Pretty nails always helps make me feel better too & I'm excited to share this mani with you lovelies as I think its one of my favourites in quite a while with its mythical vibes & involves the 'watercolour' method using Sally Hansen sheer jellies!


What do you think? I was so happy when I found the Sally Hansen Triple Shine Jellies in my most coveted of polish hunting grounds...PoundWorld! You may recall OPI releasing their Sheer Tints a while back & whilst these aren't exact dupes they can be used in the same manner which is this watercolour effect.


I managed to find four shades from the range, Sea Through (green), Ice Tint (Blue), Grape Jelly (purple) & Jell-ous? (Red). The formula for these is VERY sheer, so unfortunately used alone or even for jelly sandwiches is a no go as you'll be applying at least 8 coats of polish for an opaque finish!


Using these babies on top of another shade however & its another story & I'm keen to experiment in more ways I can use these sheer jellies! For this Mythical Watercolour manicure I decided to use both a silver & white base, here I've applied one coat of silver polish, before adding a random triangle pattern design using a nail art brush.


I then grabbed one polish at a time & added one drop of each coloured jelly, not having too much on the brush though, otherwise it would overflow. I kept on adding each colour until they merged together nicely to create the watercolour effect. Because of the sheer quality of the formula, the polishes mix together beautifully.


Before finishing I added a pretty crystal rhinestone & sealed with topcoat. I'm so in love with this technique, the finished result is so pretty & for some reason just brings unicorns, mermaids, fairies & all other manner of mythical creatures to mind! I've still seen the Sally Hansen Triple Shine jellies in PoundWorld FYI so I definitely recommend picking them up!


Thanks as always for reading lovelies!

Lotsa love to ya!


6 comments:

  1. I've been checking these out for some time, love what you created. Definitely need to grab me some colors. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Ooooh yes I definitely recommend you do, you can have so much fun with them! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Wow these look so pretty! I love them x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much Jenny! So glad you like them :) xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo