8.23.2014

NOTD - Autumn Leaves...

Hello there lovely readers!

Oooh its been a while! Life's been all kinds of manic of late & with it the blogging mojo seemed to have gone a bit awol as well. Sometimes a wee break is good though & I’m glad to finally catch some down time & get my blog back on. Tis also a glorious bank holiday weekend huzzah! I've booked an extra couple of days off as the bestie & I are off for a much needed spa break on Monday which I cannot wait for. Bring on the pampering! :)


Now it seems as though summer is well & truly over judging by the clouds of late, however I’m not too disheartened, as much as I love summer, I do have a soft spot for autumn time or fall with its abundance of colour & cooler temperatures calling out for long walks in the country, crunching leaves underfoot. Which is why I reached for a polish I purchased yonks ago on Etsy for the exact reason that its completely perfect for the season...Coco Allure Autumn Leaves...


Am I right? The colours of all the different glitters completely brings to mind the beautiful colour changes of the leaves that come with Autumn, so stunning! Etsy is a VERY dangerous place for polish lovers, you can find so many beautiful indie polishes & unfortunately its not the cheapest addiction as shipping charges can make the wallet wince! However an occasional treat to oneself isn't the end of the world eh..?? ;)



Autumn Leaves is a stunning mixture of hexagonal, square & round glitters all of different sizes & the variety of fall colours are just utterly swoon-worthy with its golds, coppers, burnt oranges & reds...I can't stop staring at its prettiness!


I decided to apply it over a red & pale gold base to really bring out the glitters, the red polish is a nameless one unfortunately that was gifted to me & the pale gold is a vintage Revlon 118 Carat.


The glitter itself is fabulously dense, I applied two coats to each nail & the glitter distributes really well on the nail despite the large sizes. Its like the nails have been dipped & rolled around in freshly fallen leaves! Finishing off with a nice thick coat of topcoat to smooth out the glitter.


This particular polish from the sellerI purchased from isn’t currently available at the moment unfortunately but there are literally tons of indie polishes worth checking out on Etsy. Like I said, shipping charges can make one weep a tad, especially if from the US, its definitely a dangerous addiction & one that will need serious discipline! ;)

Thanks for reading lovelies! Enjoy your long weekends & catch up soon!
Lotsa love to ya!


2 comments:

  1. Snap I am so over summer! This looks like a great mix of glitter bits small & large with different shapes too. Fab-u-lous xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High five sister! Haha! Yay for layers & boots! ;) Its a puuuurdy one ain't it? Love all the different glitter shapes thrown in there :) xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo