2.16.2014

NOTD - Asian Print Inspired Nails with Deborah Lippmann Stop & Stare!

Hello campers & Happy Sunday greetings! Hope you're all having a lovely one so far!



I'll be spending it my favourite way which of course involves plenty of relaxing, reading, eating, tea drinking, all that jazz. Plus the legs need a bit of rest after yesterday as it was the night of my darling friend Ayshe's wedding celebrations who looked, it goes without saying, absolutely incredible & I was so over the moon to celebrate her big day with her. Though as mentioned I think I may have over exerted myself a wee bit, I fear my days of dancing till the sun comes up are behind me! o_O



I decided to dig out one of my favourite red Asian outfits for the celebrations last night & naturally needed some suitable wedding nails to go with. I was feeling in the mood for some nail art so using my outfit for inspiration, created these Asian print design nails using the beautiful Deborah Lippmann's Stop & Stare.



I managed to grab this Lippmann in a pack of 3 from TK Maxx for a bargainous £8 which, seeing as these polishes retail for £18 a pop, was an absolute steal! Now even to me £18 is a hell of a lot for a polish, it would have to be pretty incredible & I have to say Stop & Stare really is a gorgeous polish, not only is it a beautiful red jelly, but the formula is just brilliant. So easy to apply, drying time was super quick & the finish was gorgeous! Still on the bench as to whether I'd fork out £18...but there is no doubt it is a quality polish!




Here I've applied 3 coats Stop and Stare to get an opaque finish as it is a surprisingly sheer yet glossy jelly. No matter though as each coat applied so well. Also photgraphing red is an absolute pain! Stop & Stare is a lovely bright cherry red. Once dry I then reached for my nail art pens. I started off with my Barry M pen in Black to create the curved design on the side of the nail.




Next using my Models Own nail art pen in Gold I applied some dots along the edge of the design following the pattern. I still felt it needed something more so I added a pretty green stone to each nail as well.




Finishing with a nice thick coat of topcoat & wedding mani done! Hope you liked the nails my lovelies! Thanks as always for reading & enjoy the rest of your weekends!


Lotsa love to ya!




4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks JoJo! I know its lovely right? Can''t deny the fact that this DL is mighty nice! ;) xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo