6.04.2013

The Lash Files - NYC Big Bold Mascara Review

Hello there lovely readers!

So...mascara. Who doesn't love them? A lovely little product that instantly makes those eyes stand out oh so prettily, I can understand why it is a 'holy grail' staple for many! I'll be honest & say that in the past I've often bypassed the mascara step in my everyday make up purely by the factor that I'm just so bum lazy to remove it! However I've become reacquainted with them of late & noticed what a humongous difference it does make & now wear it pretty much every day! Lately I've been having a play around with a few different ones, most recently this lovely little offering from NYC's range, the Big Bold Mascara...




NYC or New York Colour is a brand that’s often caught my eye when strolling through Superdrug, with its affordable & eye catching range of products. So when I saw that always loved 3 for 2 offer going on I couldn't resist picking up a few bits to try one of them being the Big Bold Mascara in Extra Black.



The wand on this mascara comes with a whopper of a brush that's NYC's fattest brush out of all their mascara's, its a bit of a beast isn't it?! The aim of the big brush is to deliver up to 12 times more volume to those lashes of ours with a little help from a hydrating keratin-rich formula plus volume fixation technology. But the truth is in the testing non? So here's a before & after pic...


                                                                                               BEFORE...
                                                                                                 AFTER...

Quite the difference eh? At first I thought the big thick brush would be quite awkward to use but that wasn't the case at all & in fact caught & coated each lash well, lifting them up nicely giving a slight curl, intense black colour & volume after two coats. Not bad at all especially considering that this bad boy retails for a most bargainous £3.99! Lovely jubbly!



NYC Cosmetics can be found in Superdrug's & various pharmacies. Thanks as always for reading dolls! Have you tried any NYC mascara's?



Lotsa love to ya!
















4 comments:

  1. This brand never really stands out for me but this mascara does look quite good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the first time I've tried anything from their range & am seriously impressed with the mascara! Especially for that fab price :) xoxo

      Delete
  2. The brush does look enormous but wowzer, your lashes look amazing! And such a bargain price! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much lovely! Haha I know it does look a wee bit terrifying doesn't it? But it does the job great for such a bargain mascara! :) xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo