11.20.2013

NOTD - Embracing The Dark Side With Collection Gothic Glam

Hello there lovely readers!!

Now I do love rocking me a good gothic mani on my nails I do, especially this time of year when one finds themselves reaching for those darker sultry tones. Ooooh isn't that a nice word...suuuuultry. Ahem! Anyways right now Collection cosmetics have a divine range of polishes titled Gothic Glam & includes a collection of four gorgeously vampy shades to help one get in touch with their darker side ;)
I couldn't wait to get in with some Gothic action on my nails, so for this mani I have to show you lovelies today I used two polishes from the range as well as throwing in a bit of nail art with a little help from black polish & good ol' cello tape.
The collection consists of four different shades in total, including a blue & purple all of which are just BEAUT. I'm truly impressed with the quality & formula considering how much these retail for & I should also mention that the brush is fab! I couldn't use just one pretty polish so here I've used two from the range *Deadly & *Dramatic on alternate nails.
Dramatic is a beautiful berry wine shade perfect right now with dark pink macroglitter running through giving the polish a nice edge & delightful shimmer.
Now Deadly is my definite fav, at first glimpse it appears to be a dark antique gold in the bottle but once on the nail it is in fact the most lush deep moss olive green shade with lots of pretty gold macroglitter thrown in. So beautiful!
I applied two coats of each shade before adding a quick dry topcoat to make sure it was completely dry before going in with the tape. This is my second go at a tape mani & I'm super happy with the results, so much better than my first disastrous attempt! The trick is once you've applied your tape how you want it, here I just applied two squares at an angle, paint over with the black polish & remove the tape IMMEDIATELY whilst the polish is still wet. Its also a good idea to have all your tape pieces cut up ready to use before you get started to avoid any smudging sticky messes!
Hope you liked the Gothic mani dolls! It kinda reminds me of lizard eyes! ;) The Collection Gothic Glam range also consists of some vampy dark lip shades as well as the polishes which retail for around £3.19 & can be found in Boots, Superdrug & online. Thanks for reading!

Lotsa love to ya!


Disclaimer - * products featured were sent to me for my consideration. I am not affiliated with the brand nor paid for this post, this review has been as always my 100% honest opinion! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo