9.24.2013

NOTD - Models Own Sardonyx from the Velvet Goth Collection

Hello there lovely readers!

So Models Own have been busy bees of late & released not one but TWO new collections recently, Fireworks & Velvet Goth, both looking absolutely fabulous of course & naturally creating some serious lemmings. Oh Models Own why you do this to me?! Thankfully though my lovely family were aware of said lemmings & gifted me with some pretties from both collections for my birthday which I couldn't wait to get on mah nails. 
The first one I have to share with you lovelies today is the one which caught my eye the most, the gorgeously vamp Sardonyx from the Velvet Goth Collection...



*droooools*...ahem! Sorry dolls but...wowzah! Sardonyx is every bit as gorgeous as I thought it would be & more. This collection from Models Own includes five shades in total, all wonderfully opaque warm toned glitters including a black, green, blue & purple as well, which all dry to a rather unique matte finish. However if like moi & matte is not really your thing, though lord knows I'm trying, just whack on a slick of topcoat & hellooooooooo sparkle!


Sardonyx is a wonderfully vampy deep red based shade filled with lots of sparkly red & black glitters, not only super pretty but perfect for the season too. Here I've applied two coats which dried nice & quickly.


I applied topcoat to just a couple of nails whilst keeping the others matte to get a feel of both finishes. Whilst the matte does keep the polish looking interesting & different I'm still a glossy gal at heart & absolute LOVE the finish after a slick of topcoat has been applied, it completely brings the polish to life!


Also I cannot neglect to mention the packaging on these polishes, I confess I am 100% a complete sucker for cute packaging & I absolute adore the soft velvet caps on these beauties! Errrm I may even be guilty of rubbing said cap across cheek once or twice...o_O *cough!*

Thanks for reading dolls! The Models Own Velvet Goth polishes retail for £5 & can be found online & in Boots. Have you tried any polishes from this collection? What's your favorite?



Lotsa love to ya!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo